If Usman destroys Colby, where will he rank all-time?

blastoff

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Usman smashes Colby in their rematch, I'd move him to #11 all-time and above Hughes as #2 welterweight.

Currently I have him at #15 ATG and #3 welterweight

#2 WW sounds good to me. He's clearing the division.

As of right now, I’d say #2 WW and I remember watching Hughes, Kamaru is just a more complete fighter, winning on a completely different level... in all actuality he’s beating guys much more decisively than GSP was, Marty just doesn’t have the longevity and sheer volume of defenses, yet.

ATG...? IMO It’s way too early to start taking about where he would rank in this category, I’d have to see his full body of work after it’s said and done to begin arguably placing him...

He will be number 2 with the Colby rematch which I hope he will win handedly.

as for surpassing GSP.

I want him to fight 4 more times and beat GSPs legacy

Usman is the best candidate to surpass GSP. He looks better and better each time he fights, it’s very impressive. That said, even if he smashes Colby he’s still got a little ways to go. I think he needs to add wins over Thomson, Magny, Edwards again, Luque, and Belal (clean the division out), which I also believe he could easily do, and then in my opinion we’ve got ourselves a WW GOAT without dispute

If Usman smashes Colby in their rematch, I'd move him to #11 all-time and above Hughes as #2 welterweight.

Currently I have him at #15 ATG and #3 welterweight
People need to stop thinking one fight changes much in an all time ranking.
It will change almost nothing, since he beat Colby already and Colby did not fight since.

Reactions: JAL
People need to stop thinking one fight changes much in an all time ranking.
It will change almost nothing, since he beat Colby already and Colby did not fight since.
It was his closest fight to date, and Colby fought and won once after that

Title defenses always add to your legacy, and if he beats Colby more decisively this time, that's a huge feather in his cap.

It was his closest fight to date, and Colby fought and won once after that

Title defenses always add to your legacy, and if he beats Colby more decisively this time, that's a huge feather in his cap.
You are right, I forgot about Woodley, though it was an Woodley that lost twice BADLY, so it doesn't add much for Colby.
And yes, title defenses count, but let us be honest. Both Masvidal and Colby did not deserve to get their rematches, so it shouldn't count for that much IMO.

I still think Woodley's Lawler, WB, WB, Maia and Till run is slightly better than Usman's Woodley, Colby, Masdival, Burns and Masdival run.

Just my opinion. He's close to surpassing though.

To be the GOAT he should at least score 10-8 or finish against:

Covington
Edwards
Chiesa
(one more upcoming winning streak fighter)

It was his closest fight to date

We see different things. Yes it was close and competitive most of the time, but if you achieve a finish you cant say as a whole it was a close fight.

Masvidal vs Usman 1 to me was close, and I dont consider that a real legit win by Usman.

Idk but he'll need more defenses to pass gsp
Beating jorge twice & Colby twice doesn't really do anything for his legacy

As of right now, I’d say #2 WW and I remember watching Hughes, Kamaru is just a more complete fighter, winning on a completely different level... in all actuality he’s beating guys much more decisively than GSP was, Marty just doesn’t have the longevity and sheer volume of defenses, yet.

ATG...? IMO It’s way too early to start taking about where he would rank in this category, I’d have to see his full body of work after it’s said and done to begin arguably placing him...
Half his defenses are "bloated LWs" from GSP"s era.

GSP murdered BJ Penn too.

Back