If UFC makes women's 145 lbs division

If there was a 145 division I doubt she would move up per se. Why should she? She's already the undisputed champ at 135.

Would she fight the 145 champ to become a multiple division champion in a super fight? No doubt. It would be easy for her to do so with both divisions under the UFC banner.

Of course this is all theoretical. Until 145 has enough fighters to create a viable division, I just don't see the UFC doing it. Cyborg isn't nearly popular enough to carry 145 on her own, and there isn't enough depth at 145 to sustain an actual division.

There's already complaints of depth at 135 and it's 10x deeper than 145.

If UFC makes women's 145 lbs division

The UFC doesn't like big divisions.

They're not making a W145 until they get done with the men's 115, 105, 95, and 85.

(And telling you you're a shitty fan if you don't like them, of course.)

Good chance 145 division happens

Means money for the ufc and to try and hype even more a fight between the 135 and 145 champion
chance

I don't even think there are enough women to make a "respectable" division.

I can't name 5 women at 145 in WMMA. Well let me try. Cyborg, Coenen, Budd?, Gina, who was that one women from a while ago who was maybe 145/155 and was really hot. Had dark hair. I think she trained with Barnett. Dang it, it's driving me crazy trying to remember her name.

I'd rather have a 125 WMMA if they had to add a division, but then all the 135ers would just drop there to avoid Ronda....heh.

I don't even think there are enough women to make a "respectable" division.

45WW0wy.gif

ps-there aren't enough to make 135 respectable

Why make a division for so few women? Who are the legit 145 women?

I think they probably should. No one knew anyone in W135 (besides Ronda and maybe Tate) nor W115 (maybe Felice) when the divisions were created so why not do 145 where there is an universally known (to MMA fans) champ with Cris Cyborg and also pretty and relatively known Marloes Coenen. Then there is a bunch of others who were beat up by Ronda or Cyborg like Julia Budd, Charmaine Tweet and Faith Van Duin.

I can't name 5 women at 145 in WMMA. Well let me try. Cyborg, Coenen, Budd?, Gina, who was that one women from a while ago who was maybe 145/155 and was really hot. Had dark hair. I think she trained with Barnett. Dang it, it's driving me crazy trying to remember her name.

I'd rather have a 125 WMMA if they had to add a division, but then all the 135ers would just drop there to avoid Ronda....heh.

let this jog your memory

Gina-Carano-undress-dance.gif

If Kayla Harrison decides to come to MMA after the 16 Olympics, they will create a division for her at 145 she is as marketable if not more so than Ronda her judo career is way more accomplished than Rondas but it's only if she wants it as bad as Ronda did.

let this jog your memory

Gina-Carano-undress-dance.gif

:)) - I will never say no to a gif like that :)

But I was being confusing in my first email. I was trying to name WMMA fighters who were 145+ and there was one who I can't remember her name. She had long black hair and was pretty tall. She was really hot too. This was probably before Gina became super popular even. I thought maybe she trained with Barnett but I can't remeber. However I"m glad my mistype earlier brought out that gif... heh.

UFC 28 had the one and only UFC super heavyweight fight ever, they don't need a whole division to make the Ronda vs Cyborg fight happen at 145 or 140.

Dana also said that they really dont need anymore weight divisions right now.

BI was trying to name WMMA fighters who were 145+ and there was one who I can't remember her name. She had long black hair and was pretty tall. She was really hot too. This was probably before Gina became super popular even.

Erin Toughill, long retired

Erin Toughill, long retired

YES!!! Thank you!! I could not remember it. I was thinking Tonya or Ellen or Swanson.....Samsonite.....

Thank you it was driving me nuts. She could have been a star I bet and she'd be just as big as Cyborg. I liked her.

Please no 145 division.

Serious. The 135 division is already super thin and I'm getting way sick of seeing all of these women's fights already, last thing we need is more.

Besides Cyborg, who else is even at 145 that anyone cares about seeing fight?

Back