If UFC had an openweight tourny, who under LHW could be competitive?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I was thinking about this lately since in Bellator we have a MW in the same bracket as big HWs like Mir and Mitrione.

If the UFC did an Openweight thing could anyone under LHW have a chance? What's the LIGHTEST guy you think could make it?

At MW both Rochold and Weidman are both taller and have longer reach than some HWs let alone LHWs. Both are good grapplers. I can see both being competitive. A guy like Romero maybe too, since he has the wrestling thing going on and does have power, but he may be too short. However I think he would have the quickness advantage and distance control advantage vs the slower big guys.

At WW it gets tricky. Not many Rumble's anymore who are natural LHWs fighting at WW. Till is a pretty big guy but not sure if his frame is solid enough to withstand a HW punch.

What do you guys think?

All the big talented MW + GSP

Whittaker I think could do okay, he could probably gain a decent amount of weight too.

Nate Diaz. He is a fucking Super heavyweight fighting in Lightweight.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-13-at-11.49.10-am.png

Prime Anderson
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Whitaker
Jacare
Hendo
Vitor

That's about it

Prime Anderson
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Whitaker
Jacare
Hendo
Vitor

That's about it
I'd take Rockhold out due to glass chin, but the rest is spot on

Romero possibly. I can't imagine how he would look if he was in his 20s. The guy is built to fight.

Conor.

Just imagine him getting fucking destroyed by non-manlets....Damn that would be amazing.

Sadly he doesn't have the balls to fight bigger guys...he prefers manlet hunting.

GSP himself knows he can't beat a 40 year old Anderson, let alone killers like Whittaker or Romero. Lol@canadian bias
The GOAT would Do well at Any weight.

I'd take Rockhold out due to glass chin, but the rest is spot on

True. I think he'd beat some lower HWs due to being 6'3 with good grappling and kicks. His chin would fail him against hard hitters but he could do ok based on his skills and frame.

Roaded to the gills Anderson with his Ninja/Michael Jackson Moonwalk aura would win.

Whittaker
Till
Romero
Weidman

That's about it

Back