If UFC 207 flops, will they blame it on Friday?

well what do you consider a flop?

I think shes still a draw, but the buzz has been tiny compared to her other fights, not to mention casuals as a whole have turned on her.

It depends if the people who hate her will still watch her fight, I honestly dont havve much interest in the Nunes ronda fight, Cruz vs neck tat is the real main event for me

Anything under 1 million, unless it does over a million then under 2.

Friday night, international card, Holiday weekend. The excuses are baked in. But Rousey has never been the biggest draw in the UFC. She's up there, but her stardom is about her crossover appeal more than her ability to sell PPV's. She gets attention in places no other fighters do. That doesn't always translate to record gates or PPV buys to her events, but it brings a lot of attention to the UFC all the same.

card will not flop

is she really quoteworthy? media not required

Conor has skewed people's views of what a flop PPV is. If she does over half a million buys, that's still more than the vast majority of headliners in the UFC.

Friday? This poster "claims" the fight is on Saturday?

ufc-207-16x9-v2.jpg

Stupid ass dopes at the UFC. Lol!
Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but that is probably an Australian poster (or some other place in that region) and the time/date is correct. I am going out on a limb here and will either look pretty smart, or pretty dumb.
I came to say this. gonna be Saturday in the UK too for the PPV portion.

Never cared for the female division to begin with. Nor do I care about the mens flyweight division. Its like watching little kids out there. This fight card is not interesting at all. UFC put too much into their Madison Square Garden PPV that it didn't leave a whole lot left for the remainder of the years cards.

We'll see what kind of draw Ronda is on a shit card with no other fight that could be considered a main event, on a Friday, with very little promotion.

Casual Sunday haven't turned on her, Hardcore/purist/dickhead fans have.

Casual Sunday haven't turned on her, Hardcore/purist/dickhead fans have.

I disagree with that. Hardcore mma fans care about the fights not someone's mental health or whether they shake the hand of someone that hates them. It's the people that are new to mma that came over from wwe that care more about the storyline than the actual fighting.

We'll see what kind of draw Ronda is on a shit card with no other fight that could be considered a main event, on a Friday, with very little promotion.
any fight with Dominick Cruz is main event material because he's the BW champion

Its a decent argument.

You got very little press about this fight due to ronda and her requirements. You couple that with the fight being on a different day and you got yourself low ratings.

Im not sure that it NOT being on NYE helps the sales. People will be out at bars...and bars show the event.

The world has moved on.

You can't do nothing for a year and expect people to remember you.

Do people still talk about that bed intruder guy?

The lack of fight week promotion and the fact that it's on Friday will hurt this card.

Ronda has a lot of haters these days who are even more likely to buy the card than the fans. It is not going to flop.

I disagree with that. Hardcore mma fans care about the fights not someone's mental health or whether they shake the hand of someone that hates them. It's the people that are new to mma that came over from wwe that care more about the storyline than the actual fighting.

But those people don't stop watching because someone acts like a dick. It's the purists, or rather the people that claim to be purists, who pull the whole "fuck this fighter I'm never watching ever again" bullshit.

Just a thought of what might happen. I think people are not really interested in watching Rhonda's comeback after the HH derailment of her hype train.

giphy.gif

Friday? HH derailment? Ok, yes I have been out of the loop for the last month. So what the hell are you talking about?

Back