If UFC 207 flops, will they blame it on Friday?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just a thought of what might happen. I think people are not really interested in watching Rhonda's comeback after the HH derailment of her hype train.

giphy.gif

well what do you consider a flop?

I think shes still a draw, but the buzz has been tiny compared to her other fights, not to mention casuals as a whole have turned on her.

It depends if the people who hate her will still watch her fight, I honestly dont havve much interest in the Nunes ronda fight, Cruz vs neck tat is the real main event for me

They'll watch for Rousey.

But the best fight on the card is gone, that won't help.

no ellen fans are paying to see rhonda rousey fight

Friday? This poster "claims" the fight is on Saturday?

ufc-207-16x9-v2.jpg

Stupid ass dopes at the UFC. Lol!

Flop like what?
If she doubles whatever the FLW champ does, whatever his name is, is it a flop because she is so sweet?

If it flops (like, Demetrious Johnson level buys) and Rousey wins, they'll probably have to, because they need to market Rousey as somebody people still care about; if it flops and she loses, they'll probably blame Nunes.

They should blame Cain.
He messed up the best fight on the card. Now I am not watching.

1m + buy rate? no chance,

You can see the lack of interest in her return,300k views for an embedded after nearly 24hrs,isnt great,200 and 205 nearly had a million views for both of them.

You also have to wonder how many casuals will watch her,if there was an image on her on say reddit she used to get alot of comments,now she may only get 1-2.People are fickle and i think the casuals abandoned her.I estimate a 300k-500k buy rate because of that.

I think she's still going to draw. She has a different audience, my wife out of no where brought up maybe getting this card. I didn't talk about it and she knew through her own media that Ronda was fighting

I think she's still going to draw. She has a different audience, my wife out of no where brought up maybe getting this card. I didn't talk about it and she knew through her own media that Ronda was fighting
Yes, my GF did the same: "Will will come over to watch Ronda fight?"

Is the movie Friday on simultaneously? If so, bad move by UFC or vicious counter programming from someone. I imagine lots of people would rather watch that master piece

I'm watching. What the fuck do I care what the numbers are?

Friday? This poster "claims" the fight is on Saturday?

ufc-207-16x9-v2.jpg

Stupid ass dopes at the UFC. Lol!

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but that is probably an Australian poster (or some other place in that region) and the time/date is correct. I am going out on a limb here and will either look pretty smart, or pretty dumb.

Likely she at least doubles a "standard" PPV buy rate. Shows that don't have the Gold Club members in them typically do about 300k on the high end. Double that would be considered a flop for Rousey who haz been right around the 7 figure buy mark in her last 2 fights

I find it hard to imagine this card doing 7 figures though... & I would blame it on Rousey'z lack of media. If she came out as "The Bell of the Ball" & did a ton of media & appearances it would stir up the casualz & maybe reach that 7 figure PPV buy mark. Can't see that happening without her pushing it in the press though.

Dave Meltzer forecasts PPV buyrates for Ronda's return, and predicts that it is a business mistake to book Ronda's return on 12/30 instead of on a normal Saturday PPV. He said that we have seen in the past from UFC 141 that 12/30 cards do lower numbers (UFC 141 is the only card headlined by Brock Lesnar to fail to crack 1 million buys, doing a reported 750,000).

Dave says that it's possible that this PPV is only in the 800,000 range and that people will then claim that Ronda is no longer a draw. He also says that if it does do 1 million, it's safe to assume the card could have done closer to 1.3 on a normal Saturday. Dave also says this is especially foolish considering this could be Ronda's final or penultimate fight.

Back