If u have to make a bet who would u bet on Stipe or Francis?

My gut says Francis knocks him out.

He doesn't post his entire training sessions. And I've seen his coach Eric Nicksick talk about how he has Ngannou training wrestling so....
I´ll believe it when I see it. Until then I´ll assume Stipe is the big favourite

I´ll believe it when I see it. Until then I´ll assume Stipe is the big favourite

Do you really believe that after the first fight, his coaches wouldn't have him training wrestling? That literally makes no fucking sense...

I’m picking Francis in the rematch.

Stipe took advantage of how much of a rookie Francis was and played it safe against him.

I’ve never seen anyone in the UFC hit harder than Francis does now.

That next level TDD will be super useful against Ngannou.
Trained everything, brought in Bader and other guys. But Stipe just refreshing the feel for wrestling, even if just from a defensive point of view, doesn't help Francis.

It will be another Cain vs JDS situation. Francis wins the rest because he barely got scratch whereas one eyed Stipe went through 3 wars in a row and has no chin.

Trained everything, brought in Bader and other guys. But Stipe just refreshing the feel for wrestling, even if just from a defensive point of view, doesn't help Francis.
Not sure a wrestling heavy game plan is such a good idea against Ngannou who defends TD very aggressively. He could very well end up like Cain at his first attempt.
It worked the first time because Ngannou was charging forward and was not expecting to deal with wrestling, and because he gassed. Without those 2 conditions, it's risky.

Not sure a wrestling heavy game plan is such a good idea against Ngannou who defends TD very aggressively. He could very well end up like Cain at his first attempt.
It worked the first time because Ngannou was charging forward and was not expecting to deal with wrestling, and because he gassed. Without those 2 conditions, it's risky.
Stipe's game plan starts with the fist bump at the beginning of every round, it visibly takes momentum out of all of his opponents. His entire shtick is to slow things down. So Francis isn't blitzing him like he did others. Then it starts standing and, like last time, Stipe didn't immediately go for a take down, he gave Frank a false sense of hope that it'll be a stand up fight, making Frank open up before taking him down.

I expect Francis to be in better shape and more prepped for ground work, but even more gun shy and worried about take downs cause he got so schooled there the first time. This will ultimately look similar to the first fight or end with Stipe winning via submission.

I don't think Francis had any respect for Cain, dude was visibly brittle and very small. While Stipe looks better than ever.

Last edited:
Stipe. Anything can happen at HW but there’s only one way Ngannou can win, Stipe has more paths to victory

This is one of the hardest choices for me because I’m a Stipe fan and I don’t want him to receive a sneaky punch like DC’s and go to sleep but I’m going with him this time again based on game plan. Who are u picking last call?

For title fights (ie when its two top rated guys), and one guy is close to 40 and the other under 35, I always bet on the younger guy. It doesn't always pay off, but it pays off more often than it loses.

Stipe's game plan starts with the fist bump at the beginning of every round, it visibly takes momentum out of all of his opponents. His entire shtick is to slow things down. So Francis isn't blitzing him like he did others. Then it starts standing and, like last time, Stipe didn't immediately go for a take down, he gave Frank a false sense of hope that it'll be a stand up fight, making Frank open up before taking him down.

I expect Francis to be in better shape and more prepped for ground work, but even more gun shy and worried about take downs cause he got so schooled there the first time. This will ultimately look similar to the first fight or end with Stipe winning via submission.

I don't think Francis had any respect for Cain, dude was visibly brittle and very small. While Stipe looks better than ever.
I commend the effort to elaborate but I still disagree with pretty much everything.

Ngannou is not a blitzer, he's normally more a rangy and patient counter puncher who also knows he wins a brawl pretty much all the time.

I don't get the submission prediction: Stipe submitted one guy in 18 fights, early in his career. Ngannou has never been submitted (or finished at all).

Do you really believe that after the first fight, his coaches wouldn't have him training wrestling? That literally makes no fucking sense...
Of course he's training some. But he would need to train it every day to make up for the difference in wrestling skill he had. I would prepare yourself for another mauling (unless Francis takes him out in round 1).

Of course he's training some. But he would need to train it every day to make up for the difference in wrestling skill he had. I would prepare yourself for another mauling (unless Francis takes him out in round 1).

Who says he has to train it daily? Ngannou isn't going to become a D1 wrestler, but he can get good enough TDD to keep the fight on the feet long enough to KO Stipe. Ngannou's TDD when he's not tired is already pretty good. So IMO he needs to work on cardio more than wrestling. But I'm pretty sure he's training both anyway.

I think it will be a TKO if Stipe wins and a KO if Francis wins, I’m going with Stipe with my fingers crossed

Who says he has to train it daily? Ngannou isn't going to become a D1 wrestler, but he can get good enough TDD to keep the fight on the feet long enough to KO Stipe. Ngannou's TDD when he's not tired is already pretty good. So IMO he needs to work on cardio more than wrestling. But I'm pretty sure he's training both anyway.
I hope he is. Still I'd have to see it and I don't understand why people expect this not go to the ground without any proof. We'll see I guess

Back