If u have to make a bet who would u bet on Stipe or Francis?

I would bet on Stipe and here is why....Stipe is more skilled and more experienced and already been in there with Francis. Not saying Francis cannot win, but thats not what a bet is. I do not see Francis having improved much over the last 3 years...he basically punches as hard as he can, then and now.

Stipe via superior fight IQ, cardio, wrestling and defense. Who knows what Francis has been up to. Maybe he's been humbled and is doing miles and getting his ass kicked by Iranian wrestlers in training, but I'd like to see some evidence first.

Beating Blaydes again was an okay win, but the Cain Velasquez win seriously brought the hype train rolling for this guy. Big Frank just needs some better boxing skills so he can rely on some form of technique instead of hail marys where landing one shot hopes for a KO.

Blaydes and Cain are better wrestlers than Stipe.
But they are not better strikers than Stipe and wrestling did not come into play with FN vs. Blaydes and Velasquez. Stipe had to start each round standing and boxing with Ngannou and then mixed in the TD's and wrestling to wear down FN until he gassed, when he became slower, lower volume and far less dangerous. Stipe is a better technical boxer and a better wrestler than Ngannou. However, Ngannou is the hardest puncher in the UFC. He has one punch power that can end a fight viciously at anytime. However, after a couple of rounds Ngannou looked absolutely lost vs. Stipe in their first fight with SM winning by 50-44 on all three judges' score cards.

But they are not better strikers than Stipe and wrestling did not come into play with FN vs. Blaydes and Velasquez. Stipe had to start each round standing and boxing with Ngannou and then mixed in the TD's and wrestling to wear down FN until he gassed, when he became slower, lower volume and far less dangerous. Stipe is a better technical boxer and a better wrestler than Ngannou. However, Ngannou is the hardest puncher in the UFC. He has one punch power that can end a fight viciously at anytime. However, after a couple of rounds Ngannou looked absolutely lost vs. Stipe in their first fight with SM winning by 50-44 on all three judges' score cards.

Exactly. It's not just "hurr durr rassle" in order to beat Ngannou, you have to navigate a tricky and perilous zone to be able to even get to the wrestle part. And for that you need a different approach than the kind of blunt and overwhelming onslaughts of takedowns that Blaydes and Cain typically use.

I think Blaydes destroys Stipe if they ever fought. Unfortuntely Blaydes will never get to fight Stipe due to losing to Ngannou 400 times. And of course prime Cain embarrasses Stipe. Anyway, Stipe did well the first fight against Ngannou. He literally fought the perfect fight. However, Ngannou also had the dumbest gameplan ever. He literally gassed himself out chasing Stipe around the ring for nearly the entire first round.

Ngannou will come out patient against Stipe, not looking to KO him in the first three seconds. He'll pick his shots, maybe even land a few leg kicks. Stipe will likely be looking to take him down fairly early on. Ngannou will stuff all of his takedowns and KO him when the opportunity presents itself. I've literally never been more sure of how a fight goes down.

Exactly. It's not just "hurr durr rassle" in order to beat Ngannou, you have to navigate a tricky and perilous zone to be able to even get to the wrestle part. And for that you need a different approach than the kind of blunt and overwhelming onslaughts of takedowns that Blaydes and Cain typically use.
Good points (you and the quoted), but I'd like to add an important dimension: most HWs in the UFC have terrible-zero ground game, or, like Oleynik, are comedically 2-D grapplers. Of course none of that will fly against Ngannou. I really think Blades could beat NGannou if he mixed his wrestling in with some more defense and set-ups. I also think someone like Werdum (at least a couple years ago) would demolish Ngannou if he could clinch/grapple/get it to the ground. But what we're seeing is the opposite: bland, non-grapplers who aren't even great strikers trying to strike with Ngannou. Well of course they're going to lose. But I Stipe showed us that the solution really isn't that far off from "hurr durr rassle" . . . you just need to have some other tools.

Damn this is a the definition of a pickem fight, I guess I’d take Stipe based on the previous dominant performance... but there are so many different things to factor into this fight now that it’s really a coin flip.

Stipe can still slide thru the haymakers, no problem. I don't know why everyone's mentioning Stipe's wrestling when really his best attribute was not getting hit.

This is one of the hardest choices for me because I’m a Stipe fan and I don’t want him to receive a sneaky punch like DC’s and go to sleep but I’m going with him this time again based on game plan. Who are u picking last call?

Stipe....that is all

Stipe, age might of caught up but he just spent 3 fights preping wrestling, as long as hes comfortable on the feet and mixes in takedowns I think Stipe takes it.

Stipe again. Francis always has a puncher's chance but that's it.

It's a much harder pick in 2021. Francis has likely improved in all facets of MMA as well as cardio, whereas Stipe may have declined due to 3 wars with DC and age. We may very well see Ngannou not only win but break Stipe's title defense record. His prime is now, and his future is to be determined. If Stipe wins again.. Fedor better move over some more.

This is one of the hardest choices for me because I’m a Stipe fan and I don’t want him to receive a sneaky punch like DC’s and go to sleep but I’m going with him this time again based on game plan. Who are u picking last call?
Thing is, landing a haymaker is the ONLY way Francis beats Stipe, so it's not like DC who was able to set up the sneaky shot with his overall game and other threats. Stipe handled him pretty well, and Francis seems fully enamored with his own hype, and doesn't seem to have really rounded out his game or cleaned up his technique all that much, so I'd still lean in Stipe's direction.

If Francis lands one, good on him, because avoiding that will fully be Stipe's only priority. Francis will have to round out his game to avoid getting tied up and taken down.

Francis. I think Stipe has been a great champion (altough he was kinda whiny about the DC/Brock thing), and he'll be a HoFer, but I just think he's way too basic. Francis will make some a few adjustments, learn to pace a little bit better, and KO him inside one or two rounds.

I wouldn't bet on this fight, its a bit of a situation like Wilder vs Fury, Wilder can end a fight in any second by barely touching his opponent and Fury is dramatically more skilled.

Ngannou showed fuck all in his last fight with Rosenstrike. His flurry gets a 2/10 on the technique scale but it worked.

I have to go with the fighter who has better technique which is Stipe. The problem for Stipe is that hes been in 3 wars with DC since the first Ngannou fight so you have to question his chin holding up. You know Ngannou is going to test it at some point.

I think its a good one not to bet on.

Back