If Tyron had a different mentality, could he win a rematch?

Of course he can.
I'm dont really like Tyron, I started to not like him so much when he played he card, and no not because he's black, I just absolutely HATE when race takes over the sport, any sport. I just want to watch a game and not hear that stuff. Yes I do it's out there and in the game sometimes, but really I just want to sit on my ass after a long day and watch fight or game either way. Long story short, with the skill and talent has, Woodley has the them to beat ANYONE at any era or weight.

He was unprepared on the fence. Usman's style didn't change for this Woodley fight. That style isn't mysterious or we never seen it before. Jumping for guillotine choke for that type of grind is out of place as a game plan. Who did he prep with for the fight with Usman? Who did he use for wrestling?

Agreed, jumping for the guillotine was a mistake. His coach is already on record saying that the guillotine was not part of their game plan and that Tyron essentially abandoned the game plan ten seconds in. I think Tyron fought poorly in the clinch, which is not precisely the same as saying he was poorly prepared to fight in the clinch. Tyron fought according to habits established throughout his career and which have often served him well. Anyone who can exploit his tendencies makes Tyron look terrible, like Rory and Usman. But not many guys can.

His only mentality should be one of going for the kill from opening bell.

He has ZERO chance of out-grappling and outworking Usman.

Back