If Trump's complicit, does this affect his image? Does this cyber Watergate create scope for rerun?

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think this is about Russia. This is about the charge that a president elect conspired with a foreign hostile nation, to win an American election, by nefarious means. That's sailing pretty close to treason. If something like this came up a few years into a baby face presidents reign, it might lead to a Watergate scenario.

Remember Watergate was a conspired break in, to the DNC. This is EXACTLY the same thing, but done over a computer.

Where does this leave trump?

Is there any scenario where this creates scope for a rerun?

What would it take for Americans to throw out an election and demand a rerun?

It's insane that Clinton and the Democrats got exposed as corrupt and people are mad at Trump.

It's insane that Clinton and the Democrats got exposed as corrupt and people are mad at Trump.

One thing doesnt vanish the other.

If you conspired with a foreign government and THAT foreign government and also were complicit in a break in at the DNC, then thats worse than what Nixon did.

Now Trump is a co-conspirator? :confused:

is he? thats what im asking.

*Looks into CNN crystal ball*

Yep. Trump conspired with Putin. Story comes out Tuesday, after butthurt of electoral college vote kicks in.

I was thinking this. Did it happen, very possible. Did Trump actively participate, very unlikely.

But in his case being defensive is probably not a good strategy and the whole two wrongs make a right that the right is seeing this as aint the best way to look at it either.

Honestly I'm not sure I care anymore.
I think it would be more damaging to the country to invalidate and have a do over or whatever

Gotcha.

Yeah, if it was proven he orchestrated a Russian hack of the DNC with Vladimir Putin, he'd be in hot water with the voters and the law. There won't be another election, though.

It's insane that the same people who funded 911 gave money to a presidential candidate yet were talking about Trump and Russia. Could you imagine a candidate going around saying shes funded by the same people who fun terrorism it would kill any politicians career yet somehow its no big deal for Clinton.

So let's just say Trump was involved (and which I don't believe he was) and he is forced to resign and the VP is now president.

Ok liberals once again the VP is now president.

I don't think this is about Russia. This is about the charge that a president elect conspired with a foreign hostile nation, to win an American election, by nefarious means. That's sailing pretty close to treason. If something like this came up a few years into a baby face presidents reign, it might lead to a Watergate scenario.

Remember Watergate was a conspired break in, to the DNC. This is EXACTLY the same thing, but done over a computer.

Where does this leave trump?

Is there any scenario where this creates scope for a rerun?

What would it take for Americans to throw out an election and demand a rerun?

TS cites nobody making the charge, wants to talk about what to do about it, then claims he's asking what the OP seems to already assume.

giphy.gif

That would not create grounds for a rerun. It would create grounds for impeachment, though.

Its insane that the number 1 reason people hated on Clinton was she was "corrupt". Trump is every bit as corrupt if not more so, yet his supporters say "meh".

TS cites nobody making the charge, wants to talk about what to do about it, then claims he's asking what the OP seems to already assume.

giphy.gif
Yeah, seems like tilting at windmills. There's nothing behind his theory/question as far as I know.

If he is put him in jail. We can give the job to Bernie ;)

There isn't anything I'm aware of that suggests Trump was complicit. How the hell would he even have accomplished that? With his boundless retinue of computer science wizards? He was implicitly happy as shit about it, but that's not a crime.

Affect his image? The guy is practically a rapist, grabbing women by their pussies. Nobody gives a shit. How can this "affect' his image?

Back