If Trump won the popular vote, but lost the electoral college...

AnytimeAnywhereAldo

No, Daddy, no!
Banned
Reaction score
You know damn well these leftists would be smugly claiming...

"We can't let the popular vote determine elections. There are too many white supremacist bigots in this country, and the popular vote allows for tyranny of the majority. We need an educated electoral college to make unbiased decisions, not a Neanderthal-esque majority rule. Frankly, the popular vote is a result of systemic racism to keep scared white men in power through sheer numbers, not logic or morality. #notmypresident"

Funnily enough, Obergefell and other social justice Supreme Court cases which have pulled constitutional guarantees out of the justices' asses have all stressed the importance of preventing tyranny of the majority. All of a sudden, majority (not even though, less than a 1 million differential iirc) is the ONLY basis for outcomes in the United States, at least as long as their preferred outcome is reached.

Would be interesting to see how minority groups would feel is white Americans voted like they did (quasi-hive mind mentality) They wouldn't be too pleased to see how skewed the election process would be against their favor.

It would be the other way around with respect to the right as well though; complaints that the "will of the people" wasn't being respected. Same shit, different hacks.

It would be the other way around with respect to the right as well though; complaints that the "will of the people" wasn't being respected. Same shit, different hacks.
True, but the difference is that the left has been waging war on tyranny of the majority since he conception of civil rights movements (and before). To see them now claim the the number of individuals who voted for a specific candidate is the end-be-all is comical. Look at any landmark Supreme Court case regarding suspect classes and fundamental rights and you'll be the same argument repeated ad nauseam: Tyranny of the majority, even if unintentional, must be accounted for.

If white voting patterns were similar to blacks, and they voted 90-95% Republican every election, there is no doubt these same arguments would be brought to life.

Trump # of States won - 30
Clinton # of States won- 20
----------------------------------

If that's not a landslide, I don't know what is.
The fact that the total number of votes still favor Clinton tells us that Cali's illegal residents are breeding like rats.

Trump # of States won - 30
Clinton # of States won- 20
----------------------------------

If that's not a landslide, I don't know what is.
The fact that the total number of votes still favor Clinton tells us that Cali's illegal residents are breeding like rats.

And despite that, I suspect this may be one of the last times we see a republican win the oval. The demographic shifts have effectively turned republicans into dinosaurs.

And despite that, I suspect this may be one of the last times we see a republican win the oval. The demographic shifts have effectively turned republicans into dinosaurs.

:) I find it ironic that that's what the media and talking heads were saying in 2012.
It is true, though, Trump is like no previous politician. But I hope we have more populist leaders in the future and not "Hope and Change" frauds. However, what you fail to include in your equation is what Trump and Congress can do with demographic to prevent US from becoming a third world country through its demographic change, which right now is spinning out of control.

As the saying goes "What do you call an illegal immigrant- and unregistered Democrat".

:) I find it ironic that that's what the media and talking heads were saying in 2012.
It is true, though, Trump is like no previous politician. But I hope we have more populist leaders in the future and not "Hope and Change" frauds. However, what you fail to include in your equation is what Trump and Congress can do with demographic to prevent US from becoming a third world country through its demographic change, which right now is spinning out of control.

As the saying goes "What do you call an illegal immigrant- and unregistered Democrat".

If by "do with the demographic" you mean mass deportation... that's not going to end very well.

bd00ac2eb0d3785d4807c9a634c0cbe6.jpg

Clearly you people have learned nothing. Av is poetic justice

You know damn well these leftists would be smugly claiming...

"We can't let the popular vote determine elections. There are too many white supremacist bigots in this country, and the popular vote allows for tyranny of the majority. We need an educated electoral college to make unbiased decisions, not a Neanderthal-esque majority rule. Frankly, the popular vote is a result of systemic racism to keep scared white men in power through sheer numbers, not logic or morality. #notmypresident"

Funnily enough, Obergefell and other social justice Supreme Court cases which have pulled constitutional guarantees out of the justices' asses have all stressed the importance of preventing tyranny of the majority. All of a sudden, majority (not even though, less than a 1 million differential iirc) is the ONLY basis for outcomes in the United States, at least as long as their preferred outcome is reached.

Would be interesting to see how minority groups would feel is white Americans voted like they did (quasi-hive mind mentality) They wouldn't be too pleased to see how skewed the election process would be against their favor.

Not going to happen anyway. Even if the EC goes Full Retard, it gets kicked straight to Congress, which is Republican controlled anyway. Turkeys don't vote for Xmas, and real men don't vote for Hilary. Trump still becomes President/God Emperor.:)

If by "do with the demographic" you mean mass deportation... that's not going to end very well.

Not like you or anyone like you will be able to do much about it. Federal government under Trump won't play around.

Trump should legalize weed and kill the democratic party for good.

How do you know who I am... or anyone that's like me?

Your posts and positions you take in them don't project you as someone who would take on ICE and other agencies who would be removing illegals. Fair enough?

Your posts and positions you take in them don't project you as someone who would take on ICE and other agencies who would be removing illegals. Fair enough?

Shows what you know. I'd kill 'em with kindness.

Shows what you know. I'd kill 'em with kindness.

As a good American, you can certainly make ICE officers a cup of joe with marshmallows while they're rounding up Pepe and Juan who've been illegally doing shitty painting work in the neighborhood.

As a good American, you can certainly make ICE officers a cup of joe with marshmellows while they're rounding up Pepe and Juan who've been doing shitty painting work in the neighborhood.

...and lowering the prices you pay for the goods and services they work to produce. Perhaps you should be thanking them.

...and lowering the prices you pay for the goods and services they work to produce. Perhaps you should be thanking them.

I'm not sure I want a shitty paint job in my house, so they wouldn't be lowering the price of other qualified firms who do good work. That's the problem, they do cheap work, but they also do shitty work 99% of the time, which is why their countries are shitholes and they have to escape them. It's not that America is some "magical creation" and "our constituion" makes America great. It's that American people for most of time have been doing damn good work. Well, that's changing.

Back