If Tony wins this Saturday...

Cant defend an imaginary belt. He is like colby walking around with a fake belt.
His defenses are pettis and cowboy and the real champ defenses are against conrad and the actual interim champ dustin.
Both his wins doesnt even equal one of khabib wins
Sry bud

He will have defended his inteim title more than the last 5 undisputed lightweight champions defended their title each.

<mma4><5>

Just a fact.

he cant defend something that he lost to the power cord in 2018.

We're living in a generation when in fact theres really two lightweight champs, sure he suffered some bs for being stripped but then again the ufc lost out on plenty of good $$$ with Khabib and Tony.

what bs did tony have? he couldnt make it to ufc 224 or what number so be not the interm champ any more.

thats what I’m saying. Tony gets hosed more than any other fighter. He should’ve taken the interim fight against a FW and he would’ve gotten Khabib already. Now he has to go through Justin, unnecessarily, to earn his shot yet again. Interim belts mean jack shit. Accepting the max fight was the fast track and tony turned it down. Like you said, he had no leverage so why refuse the paycheck at least.

Yeah but who ever would have predicted a global pandemic. Basically he still got the shot with one win (was Cowboy instead of Max) but then this virus hits and Khabib stuck in Russia...it's mayhem.

Odds are Tony would be fighting Khabib in Sept had he refused Gaethje but he hasn't fought in a year and has bills. And my guess is that they are compensating him pretty well to take this risk.

Anyway...if he loses to Justin...so be it. I'll be bummed big time but the fact it's been so long since ANY live sports and we get this fight Sat night...I'm just gonna enjoy the card and not worry about the ramifications.

That actually isn’t how it works
It should be how it works. I feel that if the UFC is going to make all these interim belts, they need to see it through. The Interim Champ has to unify the belt. If they haven’t unified it, and haven’t lost it, they should still be Interim Champ. None of this randomly stripping interim champions for no reason.

Yeah but who ever would have predicted a global pandemic. Basically he still got the shot with one win (was Cowboy instead of Max) but then this virus hits and Khabib stuck in Russia...it's mayhem.

Odds are Tony would be fighting Khabib in Sept had he refused Gaethje but he hasn't fought in a year and has bills. And my guess is that they are compensating him pretty well to take this risk.

Anyway...if he loses to Justin...so be it. I'll be bummed big time but the fact it's been so long since ANY live sports and we get this fight Sat night...I'm just gonna enjoy the card and not worry about the ramifications.

I’m meant as an actual timeline he would have been in Poriers place. Tony wouldve beaten max and would have fought Khabib already (all butterfly affects excluded).

I’d be bummed a little. If Justin wins, he’s the rightful contender but tony/Khabib is a must see fight. Two of the best for years. To not get that fight would be a tragedy. UFC matchmaking makes no ethical sense anymore. All you can do is enjoy and hope what you want to see meets Dana’s financial agenda.

He has been sidelined well before covid.

tony said he wanted to return in march when he said that an signed the deal ufc 249 was the first ppv with out it main event booked. you do get title fights have to fit into the dates of the ppv.

I think KFL is really underrated. Is also a pretty tough matchup for Tony and Khabib. He's the kind of guy that can beat the best or lose to guys outside the top 5 depending on the matchup.
This

Lee could lose 5 more fights in a row and I'd still say he's a bad match up for Khabib. He's probably physically the most strongest and arguably the 2nd most technically sound wrestler @ 155. Such a shame we probably won't ever see that match up.

The real question is when Tony loses on Saturday. Justin is #5 behind Dustin who beat him, Conor who beat him, Tony who beat no one in 4 years and Khabib. After Tony gets KTFO he becomes number 5. Gaethje 4, Dustin 3, Conor 2 and Khabib 1. Tony can then fight another has been like Diego (who is coming off a “win”). Has been shit only !
I want to believe this is bait but it's sherdog and there really are people who hate this hard. Probably the most skewed take on Tony's career I've ever seen. Bravo.

Khabib will be stripped and Tony or Gaethje fights Conor.
Khabib is jamming up Dana’s money flow.

I want to believe this is bait but it's sherdog and there really are people who hate this hard. Probably the most skewed take on Tony's career I've ever seen. Bravo.
Tony’s career and fanbase is built on mma math and fights from many years ago. I applaud him for finally fighting a real top 5 that he needs to be afraid of. If he wins faster and easier than Dustin and Eddie then he proves to be a BMF like his fanboys say he is. If Gaejhe goes through him like a freight train then I guess he may have been but is no longer.

It should be how it works. I feel that if the UFC is going to make all these interim belts, they need to see it through. The Interim Champ has to unify the belt. If they haven’t unified it, and haven’t lost it, they should still be Interim Champ. None of this randomly stripping interim champions for no reason.

Yeah they should’ve unified the belts but they didn’t and fighting Anthony Pettis isn’t a title defense

That actually isn’t how it works
But, it is the truth. How one chooses to contextualize it is simply a matter of opinion. The LW interim belt and undisputed belt have yet to be unified.

Consequently, there are two veins of champions flowing in the LW division. Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov. Both fighters are on similar winning streaks. Therefore, in my ignorant opinion, they both have a strong claim to be regarded as the "Unified" champion.

This is just my ignorant opinion based on the truth and valid and reliable verifiable facts.

Yeah they should’ve unified the belts but they didn’t and fighting Anthony Pettis isn’t a title defense
I can’t remember what happened—but after Tony-Khabib fell apart last time, didn’t the UFC make Conor vs Khabib and strip Tony as soon as that fight started? That’s what I recall. It’s just wrong to have it play out like that. The UFC should recognize their interim champs until the unification happens. That’s just my feeling on it.

Last edited:
As much as I like this it's not true is it, he lost that title when he tripped over some wires.. Dana's UFC saviour, the hero Mcnuggets fights for the belt next whether Tony first round D'arces or not company won't survive without the $$$ .
You make 0 sense
His interim belt is more legit then beebs ragin al belt anyday

Back