If Tony wins this Saturday...

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He will have defended his inteim title more than the last 5 undisputed lightweight champions defended their title each.

<mma4><5>

Just a fact.

Defended his interim? This should be for the real belt.

He could have even more defenses if he didn’t duck Holloway. Duck Shit Only.

Sucks that the politics of this game has sidelined Tony for so long

If he doesn’t trip over his shadow! I love Tony but lost lots of respect when he eye gouged RDA honestly

Well he's more than likely going to win so.... Expect Tony vs Poirier and then against the streaking Oliveira lol Tony gets no respect by the powers that be. It's like the UFC will only allow Khabib or Connor to be champ. Tony is old and he already brings in less revenue than either Connor or Khabib.

If he doesn’t trip over his shadow! I love Tony but lost lots of respect when he eye gouged RDA honestly
I didn't like that either, but he's won the belt and defended it twice since then.
Fucking Champ. While 2nd places like Khabib pull out because they ate too much, the real Champ makes weight just for fun.

Tony would be on a 13 fight winning streak and an incredible resume at LW with a victory this Saturday...Khabib will be stripped.

Well he's more than likely going to win so.... Expect Tony vs Poirier and then against the streaking Oliveira lol Tony gets no respect by the powers that be. It's like the UFC will only allow Khabib or Connor to be champ. Tony is old and he already brings in less revenue than either Connor or Khabib.
Tony is going to get KOd and look bad the whole short fight.
Yes. I stand by my previous post and this one at the same time. Dudes old and Dana always wins in the end.

As much as I like this it's not true is it, he lost that title when he tripped over some wires.. Dana's UFC saviour, the hero Mcnuggets fights for the belt next whether Tony first round D'arces or not company won't survive without the $$$ .

Tony the type a guy who already has immunity to Covid-20

Tony is going to get KOd and look bad the whole short fight.
Yes. I stand by my previous post and this one at the same time. Dudes old and Dana always wins in the end.

Dana does always win in the end but hes likely losing this battle.

Gaejthe has 3.5 rounds of cardio by his own admission but thats just if everything goes well. He's fighting Tony Ferguson, very likely everything will not go well. Like 90% sure things will not go well even if he wins. For things to go well for him he needs to KO Tony in his first few attacks. Gaejthe really has 2 rounds at best to get Tony out of there or it will just be a matter of time before Tony finishes a battered and bloody Gaejthe.

Not saying he wins, I'm just saying Tony wins over 50% of the time

But what if Gaethje wins this Saturday ?

He will have defended his inteim title more than the last 5 undisputed lightweight champions defended their title each.

<mma4><5>

Just a fact.

The LW champs with the most defenses already should be in Khabib/Tony's rearview mirrors in terms of legacy. Tony's never won a belt but the reason his streaks so insane is it just isn't possible to win that many fights in a row without being a champion with a few defenses. Yeah they ain't title fights but no one's done that in non title fights either since the Pride days and Tony deserves at least the respect of a Wandy or Fedor.

I would be for the UFC reinstating his interim belt and counting Pettis and Cowboy as title defenses. The reality is he was co champ this whole time. Those aren't title worthy defenses especially after Cerrone's loss to Conor but you know how many weak defenses are still on the book. Khabib got his belt by beating Big Al and/or Conor coming off a long ass break(really unclear when he was champ) not like Khabib's title wins are so much more impressive.

With Jones you had/have people screaming about how he was beating MW's cause they don't understand that you pick your weight at that size and it doesn't really matter cause they all could be MW-HW's. Yet 2 of Khabib's title fights were against 145ers and you hear crickets about that(given Tony's MW/LHW frame fighting LW's that is kind of hypocritical but still).

Last edited:
He won the Interim Lightweight Belt against FKL.

I think KFL is really underrated. Is also a pretty tough matchup for Tony and Khabib. He's the kind of guy that can beat the best or lose to guys outside the top 5 depending on the matchup.

Back