If Tony wins and Poirier wins, can we see Poirier vs Tony?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So Tony is fighting Dariush next week. And Poirier is fighting Conor against in two months.

Lots of people seem to be counting out Tony, but Dariush is no Oliveira nor Justin. Dariush is incredibly hittable, much shorter arms, and not the best cardio, all of which can be exploited by Tony. Tony is older, but he didn't look like he was slowing down before Justin fight, and who knows he wasn't affected by stupid second weight cut for no reason, and who knows he just needed more time to recover after the beatdown?

Conor, well, look like he didn't even start training but doing promos for his booze business and fishing and hanging out with his kids while Poirier is training already. Conor's talking a lot of shit online, but on instagram, he's just chilling and not doing nothing. I think Conor is coming in to just collect a paycheck at this point like Ben Askren.

Tony vs Poirier never happened before. Tony has done as well as anyone in the lightweight division history. Poirier did pretty well for himself in the lightweight division, only losing to Khabib I think?

This fight would be crazy.

Ferguson is washed

Dustin is in his prime

Fight makes 0 sense

Justin and Oliveira can easily make Poirier look bad. Competition can make you look bad at times. Not to mention Tony was preparing for Khabib, and Justin was preparing for Tony or Khabib, he fights the same way.

I hope not for Tony's mental health

Justin and Oliveira can easily make Poirier look bad. Competition can make you look bad at times. Not to mention Tony was preparing for Khabib, and Justin was preparing for Tony or Khabib, he fights the same way.
You realize Dustin and Justin have fought before right?

Tony has looked bad in his last 2 fights because he is old

Very shit take by you

Well, why on earth would Dustin not fight for the title if he wins? I also don't really like to see Tony fight at all to be honest

Tony lost twice in last 9 or so years to Oliveira and Justin. Trust me, Dariush is not those two. He's hittable, he has super short arms, and he has poor gas tank.

Dustin would hurt Tony very badly....

Why do want Tony to get hurt?
What did he ever do to you?

You realize Dustin and Justin have fought before right?

Tony has looked bad in his last 2 fights because he is old

Very shit take by you

I meant Justin that showed up against Tony. That fight was THREE years ago, and Justin back then was coming off a ko loss. Tony fight was after three ko wins in a row.

I meant Justin that showed up against Tony. That fight was THREE years ago, and Justin back then was coming off a ko loss. Tony fight was after three ko wins in a row.
3 KO's against lesser competition

Dustin has been improving as well

Saying Justin, and Oliveira could easily make Dustin look bad is a retarded take by you lmao

3 KO's against lesser competition

Dustin has been improving as well

Saying Justin, and Oliveira could easily make Dustin look bad is a retarded take by you lmao

Not really. It's retarded to say it's a retarded take imo

Not really. It's retarded to say it's a retarded take imo
I agree that it's not stupid to say they could make him look bad. But it IS stupid to say that, because they could, he should somehow be fighting Tony instead.

There is no fucking world or alternate reality where Dustin beating Conor should get him any other fight but a title match. He's basically already the uncrowned champ and is defending his belt against Conor, and he should be getting a real belt to match as soon as it exists.

He'd be closer to moving up to fight Usman than he would fighting Tony.

I agree that it's not stupid to say they could make him look bad. But it IS stupid to say that, because they could, he should somehow be fighting Tony instead.

There is no fucking world or alternate reality where Dustin beating Conor should get him any other fight but a title match. He'd be closer to moving up to fight Usman than he would fighting Tony.

Why, because Conor is 1-2 at lightweight division? What did Dustin do after losing to Khabib that beating Conor should put him for titleshot?

I agree that he deserves a title shot. But beating Conor doesn't mean nothing. Conor hasn't done shit in lightweight division for so long.

You can't back that up with anything though, maybe you think Justin can win, but saying Justin could easily make Dustin look bad is just wrong

Poirier is a guy who can stuff takedowns, have a takedown game off his own, and he comes forward and throws combinations. That's Poirier's game. He's resilient, and he's got a good camp.

Justin can make Poirier look bad if he fights like he ddi against Tony. People do improve, you know.

Why, because Conor is 1-2 at lightweight division? What did Dustin do after losing to Khabib that beating Conor should put him for titleshot?

I agree that he deserves a title shot. But beating Conor doesn't mean nothing. Conor hasn't done shit in lightweight division for so long.
He is, period, the top guy. He was the top guy under Khabib. He fought his way to that spot and of the people who couldn't unseat Khabib (cuz no one can unseat Khabib), he beat both others. That's the top of the pile. Charles beat Tony? So did Justin, but Justin was beat by DP. Chandler beat Hooker? So did DP. DP's resume is better. It is best. He has either beaten the top fighters, or beat the guys who beat them, or has beat the same people those others have. No one has anything over him.

He is, period, the top guy. He was the top guy under Khabib. He fought his way to that spot and of the people who couldn't unseat Khabib (cuz no one can unseat Khabib), he beat both others. That's the top of the pile. Charles beat Tony? So did Justin, but Justin was beat by DP. Chandler beat Hooker? So did DP. DP's resume is better. It is best. He has either beaten the top fighters, or beat the guys who beat them, or has beat the same people those others have. No one has anything over him.

Well let's hope Conor beats him then. Like I did say, Poirier deserves a title shot. He said no himself.

Back