If Tony Ferguson beats RDA, will his 9 fight win streak be one of the most impressive ever?

Even many champs dont run through every oppoenet, Fedor, GSP, and Anderson had trouble with opponents not on their level, since when is getting in trouble in a fight the end of the world?
Nah, Khabib's fans will never let that one go...

Apparently getting punched in the head during professional mma fight is a crime. Shame on Tony /s

Yes. I know El Cucuy's original grappling coach. Coach Casey at 10p. Ferguson beats RDA, and most certainly eddie alvarez. Tony Ferguson is the king of 155. I think he even mops Khabib for a number of reasons as well. His boxing, His chin, his pace, his pressure, his submissions, and his killer instinct El Cucuy vs Conor 2017

Oh yeah. I didn't like him after TUF but El Cucuy is a monster. The way he beat Barboza was violent and impressive as fuck. He gets too much flack for the Lando fight IMO, short notice against a heavy handed unorthodox striker. He's more than capable of beating RDA and if he does then his resume would make him warranted for a title shot.

Junior dos Santos had a solid streak - Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop, Yvel, Gonzaga, Nelson, Carwin

Only two of those wins would actually be noteworthy though: ensign barbozo and halfael d'oh santos.
Exactly. It would be an impressive run, and would merit a title shot, but I wouldn't say it's one of the most impressive streaks ever.

His wife motivates me tremendously.

Holloway's current streak would be close

TOkIKA2.png

Those last 4 wins are enough for anyone to get a title shot so it sucks that everyone has to wait for Conor. On topic , Tony definitely has a right to the title shot if he beats RDA and I think he does beat him imo.

El Cucuy is grossly overrated. IF he beats RDA it will be the first decent win of the whole streak. The guy almost got KO'd by a guy with no Wiki page in his last fight.

Too bad RDA is gonna ragdoll the living death out of him.

LMAO tony is a national champion wrestler. HTF will ragdolled by Khabib ragdoll tony. Easy fight for tony. Longer and better on the ground and about 10 lbs heavier on fight night.

El Cucuy is grossly overrated. IF he beats RDA it will be the first decent win of the whole streak. The guy almost got KO'd by a guy with no Wiki page in his last fight.
Most clueless post I've read on sherdog in months. Conor manics must be back.

Guys he beat are great. And the guy with no wiki page went to the hospital looking like face went through a meat grinder. "almost" only counts in horseshoes. To me it was more a testament of his fight IQ and ability to adapt to a guy he never seen before and on short notice to come back and totally dominate 2nd round everywhere and then choke his ass out. One of his best fights IMO.

Didn't Jon 'Smoke Break' Fitch have an impressive streak as well before fighting GSP?

Featherweight Lando Vannata pushed his shit in and made him do the chicken dance multiple times, all in the first round.

"He is predictable"

im already impressed even if he lose
I have a feeling it will be tough against rda. but if he win, he ll destroy alvarez

It would be a nice streak. But impressive not sure about that yet.

Holloway's current streak would be close

TOkIKA2.png

Fan of both dudes but imo Max has the better streak. His level of opposition was just higher throughout. Tony's best win (in his still impressive streak) is Barboza.

Max has wins over Cub, Lamas and Stephen's. The Oliviera win is just a tic mark for shits and gigs, but still a higher rated opponent than most of Tony's.

Fan of both dudes but imo Max has the better streak. His level of opposition was just higher throughout. Tony's best win (in his still impressive streak) is Barboza.

Max has wins over Cub, Lamas and Stephen's. The Oliviera win is just a tic mark for shits and gigs, but still a higher rated opponent than most of Tony's.

The better current streak yes, add former champ RDA and Tony's is probably better.

The better current streak yes, add former champ RDA and Tony's is probably better.

Not doubting that dude, RDA would be huge for his resume. Max doesn't have a former champ in his current win streak.

This is pretty much a title fight for Tony, 5 rounder against a focused shark of a former champ.

Shits going down man. Shits going down.

Those last 4 wins are enough for anyone to get a title shot so it sucks that everyone has to wait for Conor. On topic , Tony definitely has a right to the title shot if he beats RDA and I think he does beat him imo.
I definitely think Tony has a good chance. Not concrete by anymeans, but he has a fair chance at it. Gonna have to wade through some high pressure in the early going unless he finds a way to end it quick.

Back