If TJ makes weight and performs

Change weight cutting? I know in the champ champ fights the lighter guy always wins, but in general most fighters find success in lower weightclasses.
The lighter fighter always wins when they move UP in a champ champ fight. We don’t know what happens in a champ champ fight when someone moves DOWN.

I also refuse to call these superfights. Not every champ champ fight is a super fight.

Fighters have moved down before and done well.
Did Jared Cannonier change anything? What about Frankie? He wasn't far off champ/champ moving down.

Whatever happens with TJ he's doing nothing new and it changes absolutely nothing.
I’m asking if it changes how fighters cut weight

If TJ did this in any other division this would be a big deal but unfortunately TJ is facing a champ who has not a single defence and nobody gives a shit about that division anyhow.

Nobody claimed you could re-hydrate on <100mL/12 Hrs.
And it has been proven time and time again, there's no need for IV fluids unless there's a medical emergency, in which case the fighter isn't going to be fighting anyway.

As for an IV used for purposes other than re-hydration, ask this guy why used an IV
rS5xfeh.gif
What I am saying is Costa was seen using an IV and no way was he only doing 1/10th a liter. Yes you don't need an IV to rehydrate, just like you don't need steroids to compete in MMA

View attachment 506397

T.J. is the second most competitive person I have ever met. We wrestled together in college and he was never the type to shy away from anyone. He literally fought our starting 184lb Ian Murphy, who later fought jacare in dream, over a game of basketball.

The most competitive person I have ever met was Steve Neal. He coached me for a year in college before going to football. He is a heavyweight world champion wrestler who walked onto patriots and won 2 Super Bowls. Steve was a competitive maniac. I once beat him in bond and the next day he accused me of losing it, I later found out he hid the game bc he could not take losing again. We once played a game of football instead of wrestling practice. I was on the team against Steve. We were way ahead. He started getting crazy, this guy is 6’5 280 with little fat. He made us stay an hour after practice, refused to let anyone quit, the second his team finally got the lead he let us leave.

I have always thought that Steve and TJ were so similar. They remind me of the other in a lot of ways. They can at times be dicks but usually it’s because they hate losing or just truly believe they are better than everyone at everything. They are also the two most successful athletes I have ever met. Something that is not a coincidence. T.J. can rub some people te wrong way but I never see him that way. I always know that’s one of the things that makes T.J. great! It is not a little man syndrome in any way. He is an ultra competitive freak. He hates losing more than anyone could love winning. Steve was the same way. Both world champs

Threw in a pic from college where T.J. had a mullet for Halloween
Thanks for sharing. TJ and I share the same hometown in Northern California and I wrestled in the same bracket as his brother for a couple years in middle school. I specifically remember TJ because he was always number 1 in his bracket and pinned just about everybody I watched him wrestle in the first 30 seconds every year at the county tournaments. Don’t think I ever saw him lose.

Back