If things go south will McGregors corner throw in the towel ?

Khabib doesn’t put anyone in a position that you would need to throw in the towel. Pitterpatter lay and pray punches from a lightweight are not towel worthy even from the most sensitive fighters (Brock).

sport-box-boxing-boxers-fight-fighting-smb071128_low.jpg

What an embarrassing attempt at being funny and attention whoring.

I feel embarrassed for you

Dana might...got to protect his inventments.
I got Conor in 2 though.

MadeupBadAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif
MMA corners almost never throw in the towel. Even when they should. In boxing it is more common because people have literally lost their lives when they didn’t have too. Not just Apollo Creed. Real people.

MMA is a young sport. When someone dies in a high profile fight corners will throw in the towel more.

I don't think an average mma fight is as traumatic as an average boxing match in terms of head trauma, because they're shorter and the smaller gloves lead to faster kos/tkos so theres less of a chance for a fighter to absorb the prolonged beating necessary for death.

Deaths in MMA are much more likely to happen at lower levels due to looser regulations. A death in the UFC would have to be a perfect storm of bad circumstances. Hell the closest we've come to death in a major MMA org was DADA 5000 having a heart attack.

Last edited:
3 pages of Conor haters lol.

Ffs....did this place ever pick him to win a UFC fight? Hes only lost 1.

Stay wrong and bitter Sherdorks.

Do you just sit up all night imagining scenarios in which Conor loses?

they should if he gets mauled for 3 rounds straight

dont need a JDS 2.0

I don't think an average mma fight is as traumatic as an average boxing match in terms of head trauma, because they're shorter and the smaller gloves lead to faster kos/tkos so theres less of a chance for a fighter to absorb the prolonged beating necessary for death.

Deaths in MMA are much more likely to happen at lower levels due to looser regulations. A death in the UFC would have to be a perfect storm of bad circumstances. Hell the closest we've come to death in a major MMA org was DADA 5000 having a heart attack.

Boxers hit harder, granted without things like kicks, but those rarely hit flush and at the same pace that punches do. Boxers also tend to take damage better because of their skill set and reaction, but that doesn't mean the brain necessarily takes damage better. That also means longer fights, in addition to the extra minutes already allotted.

It's essentially a sum of things that leads to more strikes that are on average more devastating, and the inability to properly finish fights. Standing counts can be devastating.

The more threads where the consensus is that Conor has no chance makes me think Conor may indeed have a chance [<diva2]

what about khabib's corner if things go south?

what other scenarios can we invent and speculate about? will conor panic wrestle? will khabib pull guard? will one slap the other? will the ref deduct points? will someone stall? omg the possibilities are endless.

The UFC refs are probably instructed to act in Conman's interests, if he has any success at all the ref will leap in at warp speed at the first chance for an early stoppage. On the other hand if Khabib holds him down and isn't punching for even one millisecond, they'll be stood up. Khabib will need to actually put him unconscious to get a stoppage, and if it goes to decision expect a robbery in Connie's favor if it's not a total dominance.

Make no mistake about it, UFC wants Conman to win and to return to a normal fighting schedule. They are literally praying he has another Aldo moment and sleeps him. It's disgusting really.
Good, good, let the hate flow through you.

Conor has plenty of quit in him if the going gets rough. He made no effort to defend from the bottom once Nate Diaz got his back and tapped very quickly. Watch the video, Conor did not use his hands at all once he was on the bottom. He decided to quit and did so promptly rather than suffer a beating.

Conor is a great fighter, but he would rather avoid the damage of battling back from adversity to win the fight. He knows Dana and the UFC will give him an automatic rematch or a favorable match-up in his next bout. If Khabib gets the gorilla grip on Conor, I don't see Conor putting up much resistance unless it's late in the round. If Conor doesn't catch Khabib coming in with a flush left handed counter-punch, I don't see Conor getting his arm raised. But every round starts standing, so it could happen...

Khabib has pillowfists. This only ends in TKO by Conor, or SUB or UD by Khabib.
Nate Diaz has pillowfists. Didn't stop him from putting Conor on queer street and forcing him to panic wrestle

Back