If they ran a TUF: The Comeback for each weight class...

MacDougall

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And you got to hand pick 8 fighters for each/any weight class to throw a UFC lifeline to. Who would they be?

(You don't have to bother going through them all if you don't want).

Im throwing Fedor a cruise ship to get his butt over here to the UFC. Shoot I'll give him a Godzilla to ride if its faster

LHW

T Silva
Tito
Luiz Cane
Houston Alexander
Sokodjou
Jardine
Goran Reljic
James Irvin

Not sure why these fighters popped in my head lol
LW Rob Emerson
WW Rory Markham, Jonathan Goulet

Comeback season worked previously since UFC wasn't running as many events so it took a lot more to get on the UFC roster. Most of the guys who've been cut from UFC now have been for good reason. You have to lose basically 3-4 times now to get cut, when in the past you could lose once and get cut.

Comeback season worked previously since UFC wasn't running as many events so it took a lot more to get on the UFC roster. Most of the guys who've been cut from UFC now have been for good reason. You have to lose basically 3-4 times now to get cut, when in the past you could lose once and get cut.

Like Fitch, Shields and Okami?

Most of the guys who've been cut from UFC now have been for good reason.

Even if this was true it's still not a good reason not to have the show. Having the show with familiar faces that have already fought in the UFC before would make the show more interesting, and I'm sure that bucketloads of the guys that have been cut before are better than guys currently in the UFC in their weight class.

Not to mention that the fact that it's not as hard to get the UFC now means that the depth outside the UFC is weaker so there are weaker guys getting into the UFC at the expense of guys better than them.

Make it morel like a physical challenge gameshow with Fedor as the final boss.

I wouldn't involve any former champions or hall of famers.
Getting in the hall of fame and winning the title is the highest achievement, no need for a comeback (especially at an advanced age.)

I will try to give one per weight class:
HW - Jeff Monson
LHW - Jason Brilz
MW - Yushin Okami
WW - Jake Shields or Jon Fitch

Wait, I forgot, the winner of the comeback gets a title shot... changes my picks...

HW - Shane Carwin
WW - Martin Kampmann

Wait, I forgot, the winner of the comeback gets a title shot... changes my picks...

HW - Shane Carwin
WW - Martin Kampmann

I think Martin is still signed with the UFC just on a break from fighting.

I dont think its really possible to make a come back season.
Most cut fighter wont be able to make any noise or run, several mentioned fighters are old (too old) or injured like crazy.

It would be a cripple season and not a come back one.

Im throwing Fedor a cruise ship to get his butt over here to the UFC. Shoot I'll give him a Godzilla to ride if its faster

Meh... I'd rather see Lesnar back than Fedor join the UFC at this point.

nailed-it-moon.png

Heavyweight: Tim Sylvia
LHW: Keith jardine
Mw: kalib Starnes
WW: gsp
LW: Jens pulverise
FW: ?
BW: ?
FlW: ?

the whole point of TUF is to create new prospects. another comeback season is a horrible idea.

The same fighters who would be on a comeback season, if they were in the UFC, would be seen to be watering down the card.

all i want on TUF are a bunch of undefeated guys i've never heard of.

Heavyweight: Tim Sylvia
LHW: Keith jardine
Mw: kalib Starnes
WW: gsp
LW: Jens pulverise
FW: ?
BW: ?
FlW: ?

Jens is a Bantam Weight in the modern weight cutting culture.

FW: Joe Daddy,

LW: Volkman, Melvin, Huerta, Roller, McKee

WW: Starnes, Fitch, Shields, Sexyama, Burkman, Palhares, Daley, Saunders, Gono,
Hardy, Sadollah

MW: Starnes, McFedries, Sexyama, Kang, Okami, Macdonald, Lister, Grove, Riggs, Goveia,

LHW: Starnes, Marvin Eastman, Jardine

HW: Starnes, Sylvia, Arlovski, Tank,

Jens is a Bantam Weight in the modern weight cutting culture.

FW: Joe Daddy,

LW: Volkman, Melvin, Huerta, Roller, McKee

WW: Starnes, Fitch, Shields, Sexyama, Burkman, Palhares, Daley, Saunders, Gono,
Hardy, Sadollah

MW: Starnes, McFedries, Sexyama, Kang, Okami, Macdonald, Lister, Grove, Riggs, Goveia,

LHW: Starnes, Marvin Eastman, Jardine

HW: Starnes, Sylvia, Arlovski, Tank,
U named like 5 guys still on the UFC roster

Doesn't sound like fun. TUF is about finding talent, not bringing back washed up fighters.

Back