If they got rid of the 265 cap, would we see huge invincible guys?

DismalNecessaryCygnet-size_restricted.gif
That guy is 600 pounds vs 200 pounds lol

They just need a tournament like n UFC 1, no weight limit tournament.

I think that both MMA and boxing show that, in general, the upper limits for effective heavyweights is the 240 - 250 range. There will always be guys that fall outside of that range that are effective, but they'll be the outliers.

Heavyweight doesn't need a weight limit. It does a decent enough job of forcing some dudes to work a bit harder to get in shape though...

This ..

If im ever coaching a HW fighter in the future they will never be over 250 for a fight...

230 to 250 is a lean mean killing machine at HW , cutting to 265 is a useless exercise and takes away from skill development time in the gym cuz you have to focus on getting the weight managed

Id rather have a fighter stay in shape betweem 230 to 250 and have more time to develop there skills and style in the gym..then hours riding aerodyne bike so they can make weight

Sapp and now Ngannou can last the entire fight. They have no drawbacks. Imagine a Sapp with a Fedor skill level... It's possible, and rules prevent it.

When did we see they can last 5 rounds???

Sapp with Fedor lv skills??? Impossible. You cant be that big and have Fedors body speed. We have a lot of boxers with good skill and huge mass??? When did any of them dominate any division?
Furthest you can go are Valuev and Fury. One is slow as fuck, other isn't that heavy for his size. You can go "fat" as Hunt and Sapp and endurance fall apart or ripped as Francis and same thing happens.

On 190cm you shouldn't be bigger then 105kg - 110kg. You will fade too fast. Ngano should go Wilders route and drop size and muscle mass. He could have problem with LHW like Reyes or JJ who move too fast.

Only if the UFC get rid of USADA, too. Otherwise, we will see a bunch of gigantic sumo wrestlers or similar like back in the old days.

Tank Abbott (280lb) vs. John Matua (400lbs Hawaiian)
tumblr_nyp5isH3tX1rofocqo1_250.gif

Tank Abbott (280lb) vs. Paul Varelans (300lbs)

Vitor Belfort (215) vs. Scott Ferrozzo (323lb)

The Hawaiian looks nowhere near 400 pounds. In fact he barely looks Tank's size.

This ..

If im ever coaching a HW fighter in the future they will never be over 250 for a fight...

230 to 250 is a lean mean killing machine at HW , cutting to 265 is a useless exercise and takes away from skill development time in the gym cuz you have to focus on getting the weight managed

Id rather have a fighter stay in shape betweem 230 to 250 and have more time to develop there skills and style in the gym..then hours riding aerodyne bike so they can make weight

Their guys that are 6'8 or taller, who can't cut to 265. But they are very athletic. Like those strongmen athletes. If they make it 285lbs cap limit. That would give more room for other people out there to have an opportunity to showcase their skills.

Their guys that are 6'8 or taller, who can't cut to 265. But they are very athletic. Like those strongmen athletes. If they make it 285lbs cap limit. That would give more room for other people out there to have an opportunity to showcase their skills.

Strongmen dont pass usada....

Weight is a choice....nobody told these guys to be over 265 why should we changed the rules cuz they dont want to adjust...

Should we remove usada while were at it too..

People over 265 at almost any height to me are not fight ready athletes..

Lets take your example

#1 Ranked Eddie hall..
6'3 310lbs...

Theres nothing in strong man competitions that tell me this guy can fight for 15 mins...let alone 25 for a title...absolutely nothing to tell me hes even capable of grappling at that size and again nothing that tells me hes clean either as Strongman is not tested at all...

Being 6'3 and over 265 is not. Gunna give you. That much of advantage for fighting..ur actually more likely to have a heart attack then be a top tier fighter IMO

I don't think we're missing out on some specimen shws because of the limit, but I would def prefer to not have that cap - it doesn't do anything good other than force Derek Lewis to do some weekly cardio

Saying abbot is not an athlete is silly.

Pretty sure Tank wouldn't be considered a super heavyweight.

The hw limit in UFC is stupid. People who support it are stupid.

Pretty sure Tank Abbott wouldn't be considered a super heavy weight though.

Pretty sure Tank Abbott wouldn't be considered a super heavy weight though.
Thought u considered him a fat dad too.
Anyway, i’ve seen enough giant mofos in boxing and kickboxing that are not fat like Simmy, Long, Valuev off the too of my head.

Little dude won in the end... If they made a Super HW division, Royce Gracie would return and submit them all.
maybe a little dramatic, but youre not far off

thats why people are silly for saying the mountain could beat up conor

would never happen

Back