If they got rid of the 265 cap, would we see huge invincible guys?

I feel like the 265 lb cap limits the potential. Like imagine Mark Hunt, but 7" taller. Some 6'5" 350-400 lb Samoan wrecking machine. All strikes would be ineffective against him. He'd basically be invincible. What could you even do to stop that guy?

Only if the UFC get rid of USADA, too. Otherwise, we will see a bunch of gigantic sumo wrestlers or similar like back in the old days.

Tank Abbott (280lb) vs. John Matua (400lbs Hawaiian)
tumblr_nyp5isH3tX1rofocqo1_250.gif

Tank Abbott (280lb) vs. Paul Varelans (300lbs)

Vitor Belfort (215) vs. Scott Ferrozzo (323lb)

Last edited:
I think there's a reason we've see a lot of HW champs that are around 235, but I would still like to see the giants in the division. maybe make a 225lb division too so the smaller heavyweights have an out if they don't wanna fight 350lb dudes

You can watch them you know. Just not in the UFC. They are pretty cool. Unfortunately a 245lb guy can still KO people with one shot and people start to get slow and not last too long after they get 300lbs. I still recommend watching the monsters in the roid leagues. Fun. Pudsawnowski will never be a too 10 fighter but his fights are fun.

No, because "huge invincible" guys over 265lbs get paid 5x to 20x working in other sports that requires "huge invincible" guys.

You will get more Butterbean. No disrespect to Butterbean because he was legit during his prime.

Only if the UFC get rid of USADA, too. Otherwise, we will see a bunch of gigantic sumo wrestlers or similar like back in the old days.

Tank Abbott (280lb) vs. John Matua (400lbs Hawaiian)
tumblr_nyp5isH3tX1rofocqo1_250.gif

Tank Abbott (280lb) vs. Paul Varelans (300lbs)

Vitor Belfort (215) vs. Scott Ferrozzo (323lb)

Those are just fat dads. Not athletes.

Most of the best fighters would still be 230-260 range. Id still like to see it. If a guy weighs 300 pounds but can compete he should be given the option to. Brock would have been even better if he didn't have to cut, same with Bigfoot. Hunt would be worse cuz he woulda been a fat slob but there really should be no limit it's called heavyweight.

Back