If they fought today Phil Davis would still beat Gustaffson

explodingbunny

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Straight up

SUB-DavisGustafsson0112.jpg

Gus won't make the same mistake and will pick Phil apart.

Nah Gus would pick Phil apart. Even Jones was barely able to take Gustafsson 2.0 down.

I wouldn't favor Phil. Gus has evolved much more than Davis has in their respective weaknesses at that time since that fight, hell I'd go as far as to say Gus is one of the better grapplers right now in the 205 lbs division while Davis remains one of the worst strikers(it's improving but not at the rate of Gus' grappling)

I would heavily favor Phil beating Gus for the second time also. There is no reason not to favor him in that fight.

Phil has 0 fans, he is like Big Tim, nobody likes him, but nobody hates him enought to pay to watch him get beat up. He is just floating around there in that space that nobody wants to be in.

Jones couldn't take Gus down, so Phil surely wouldn't be able to do it.

Gus 30-27

Not only did Phil take Gus down but held him there and choked him out.

Do you know how many of Davis' takedowns Gus stuffed?
No, you don't, because you probably didn't even watch the fight. Gus would coast to a decision in a rematch

Do you know how many of Davis' takedowns Gus stuffed?
No, you don't, because you didn't even watch the fight
It's fun to comment on fights you hear and read about isn't it

Phil just has Gus number and is better. Styles make fights.

I'd take Gus by either a dominant UD or TKO.

If Johnson loses to Gus I think people are going to be surprised when Jones handles Gus pretty easily the second time.

Gus would likely win by TKO, his takedown defense has improved greatly since that fight

Easy win for Gus these days. It would be a repeat of the rumble-davis fight

Back