If they fight, will Conor McGregor will be the best striker Jose Aldo has ever faced?

Name someone other than Aldo who outstruck either of them? Also apart from his last 3 fights Conor has fought way lower caliber fighters and also lost to 2 of them.

Losses four and six and a half years ago respectively? He's gotten a sub shortly after that, and shown solid wrestling and TDD thus far in his UFC run. Sure, they're losses but McGregor is much different from back then.

I think at the end of Aldos 145 run, Mendes, Conor and Swanson will probably be regarded as the best strikers he has faced. Mendes was an absolute war. Swanson fight ended so early that a rematch would really be interesting to see and Conor we have no fucking clue what might happen. It is true that the reach might be a problem for Aldo. However, even if he loses the striking battle, he can probably just take him down.

Zombie is the best striker Aldo has faced. LOL at Cub and Hominick being better STRIKERS than McGregor.. Oh dear...

This. And some of you Aldo fans need to quit anointing Chad as Mike Tyson because he sure as hell isn't. He had Lentz hurt and couldn't even finish him. Get real. Conor is not only a much better striker than anyone Aldo has fought, he's a much better finisher than anyone Aldo has ever fought. He'll be the most powerful, accurate and technically sound guy that Aldo has ever fought and certainly the slickest.

I don't thing so. McGregor didn't prove anything. 16-2 (4 UFC wins) is far from any records.

People here like to speculate a lot. Lets wait MCG fights Siver and then we have something to say. But Im my opinion, today Aldo is a far better fighter than the Irish boy.

Last edited:
By far. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Mendes/Frankie are in second, they are both very good strikers too

Back