If there was no fence would these Boerboel's attack the guy or do they just want the food?

is that guy black? some dogs, you know..
We have a ridgeback, I tried watching Atlanta when he was a pup one night.
Spent 40 minutes barking at the TV until I turned it off, we joked that it was instinct.

What happens if you don't keep them entertained?
The same as any dog, they can get restless and more prone to aggression out of boredom, similar to humans.

Yeah. I have one. Lovely dogs. Great family animals. They eat a ridiculous amount. Bred to fend off lions.
Mine has drawn blood and ripped the pantsleg off an intruder as he was hopping the wall to get out of my yard and away.

Very friendly and trustworthy dogs - but as with any animal that size, owners who don't see that they'rw trained should be put down.
And don't fuck with a boerboel's family.
How do you know if the Boerboel breeder is legit? I remember Ronda Rousey recently got one for her ranch.

I heard the males can get as big as 180 pounds, also do you spay or neuter the dog?

Mastiff are generally awesome dogs. Doubt they want anything more than the food in his hands.

First video was definately attack mode. Lunging against the fence, no wagging of tail and as soon as the guy sticks his hands out with the bag, they try to nip at it. Dogs do have an on and off button depending if they are at their home territory or on a leash. As for the second video, they know the black ball is some sort of toy. That is the same reaction my dog does with the vacuum cleaner. They think its playtime and wants to be chased by it

How do you know if the Boerboel breeder is legit? I remember Ronda Rousey recently got one for her ranch.

I heard the males can get as big as 180 pounds, also do you spay or neuter the dog?
There's one in norcal who has Boerboels and Cane Corso's who has awesome dogs and know a few people to use. Been wanting one from him but I already have a bull mastiff. Maybe in a year or two.

They can get bigger than that. Mine's 80kg, so just shy of 180lbs, but his dad was a bigger dog - about 90kg.
I didn't have him neutered. He's well-raised, loved, and trained. I'm not worried about him eating anyone he's not supposed to. And I might want him to breed still.

I wouldn't be able to help you with identifying the legitimacy of the breeder. My boy's parents were both certified - but I'm not sure if registration and certification are a thing in the states.

There's one in norcal who has Boerboels and Cane Corso's who has awesome dogs and know a few people to use. Been wanting one from him but I already have a bull mastiff. Maybe in a year or two.

How bad does your mastiff drool? My uncle had a Dogue french mastiff back in the 90s
He looked like this
jd-21116-dog-pug-puppy-5wks-old-dogue-bordeaux-3741692.jpg.webp

and it drooled like crazy he was huge but lazy he would just wake up when the mail man would come by and start barking loud, those mastiffs have some scary loud deep barks, you never really get used to them man loud as fuck wake up the entire block.

How bad does your mastiff drool? My uncle had a Dogue french mastiff back in the 90s
He looked like this
jd-21116-dog-pug-puppy-5wks-old-dogue-bordeaux-3741692.jpg.webp

and it drooled like crazy he was huge but lazy he would just wake up when the mail man would come by and start barking loud, those mastiffs have some scary loud deep barks, you never really get used to them man loud as fuck wake up the entire block.
only time drooling is bad is after he eats something.

only time drooling is bad is after he eats something.
Yeah, bull mastiffs don't tend to drool as much. Great dogs. I had an APBT bull mastiff mix a lifetime ago and I still miss that dog.

My last Rottie was 125 pounds and my cousin in the old country had three monsters from working lines so I'm used to fair sized pups. But, damn, these things are fucking yuuuuuuuge! Dude needs a better fence.

Back