If there was no fence would these Boerboel's attack the guy or do they just want the food?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, Jan 20, 2020.

1. TidWell Gold Belt

The guy is holding some containers of food and they charge at him and are barking loud, he is teasing them behind the fence but you can see they even lung at the fence but can't get thru, for you dog owners and those who are familiar with big dogs are these dogs angry and ready to attack and see this guy as an intruder or are they just trying to get those white buckets of food he is teasing them with? Or are they all show and just loud barking just to scare off possible intruders or alert the master?

These are some big dogs, I heard these dogs used to scare off lions or hyenas. Boerboels from Africa

I ask that because in this video two Boerboels are growling and barking but they are not violently attacking the black ball, so are they just loud talking to scare or alert the owner of an intruder or will they really attack someone who trespasses? they seem to be scared of the ball and keep running away everytime the master kicks the ball at them

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. I Am Legion Silver Belt

The only nuggets those dogs want is in that intruders pants. They wanna Kill that dude.

3. JabToucher Banned Banned

It's not just the breed but what they have been trained to do. Not bred to do, but trained.

Not to say an untrained dog won't attack.

Often dogs are just being territorial.

* Edit,
    Worth noting, Ridge backs & Boerbells that "were used to fend off lions" did so in packs.

Like how these large Mollosser/pastoral breeds which claim to be bred to kill wolves. Pack work. Not one on one.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  4. weed ベルセルク

is that guy black? some dogs, you know..

5. God_Emperor_Of_Mankind Let's Palaver! Platinum Member

Those dogs look like cows.

6. rj144 Gold Belt

What does the second video have to do with lions?

7. Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

They are incredibly loyal and very protective. I doubt they would run after anybody unprovoked.

8. TidWell Gold Belt

Nothing click bait title and he got a lot of thumbs down because of it, people search that because these dogs supposed were used to scare off lions from local farmers yards in south africa.

9. TidWell Gold Belt

do they turn on their masters randomly like pit bulls? or are they good to their family?

10. Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

They are great family dogs (in the hands of a competent owner) most mastiffs are. I’ve been the owner of Dogue de Bordeauxs in the past, I’m hoping my next breed will be a Boerboel because they live longer. A good friend of a best friend is from South Africa and I was able to bend his ear about the breed. He has owned them his entire life and he couldn’t say enough good things. And every thing he said is what I had read on up on them, so it was a validating testimonial..

11. aus101 Black Belt

Hard to say. They probably won’t attack him but you never know with dogs.

I have a cockerspaniel that puts Disney’s Lady to shame, a harmless show cocker unable to kill even a baby rabbit yet when a termite exterminator from a country where dogs are solely used as protection comes round she acts like the big bad wolf’s fluffiest hellspawn scaring him.

I have to lock her in the pool while she sticks her head through the bars trying to act like she’s going to eat him (a 6’1, 200+ pound man terrified of a 27 pound teddy bear in dog form). The smell of his fear seemingly exciting her to a blood rage.

12. ChoKuRei Purple Belt Platinum Member

Those fucking things take bigger shits than I do. Fuck it all

13. Woldog твоя мама гей

I had a Boerboel, it was a lovely dog. Great temperament. Protected the horses on the farm from wild dogs, wild boars and dingos, made sure no one wanted to rob the place. Headbutted my sister once and knocked her out cold. Great dogs, but you've got to train them well and keep them entertained.

14. Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

@PrinceOfPain any experience with Boerboels? I think we’ve talked about them in the past, no?

15. loyalyolayal Yellow Card Yellow Card

Taste like one too.

[​IMG]

16. TidWell Gold Belt

What happens if you don't keep them entertained?

17. neverwas bondage belt

nice dogs, thankfully they haven't been ruined by any type of kennel club, yet.

18. Snickers14 Banned Banned

Is that the sandlot dog

19. PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

Yeah. I have one. Lovely dogs. Great family animals. They eat a ridiculous amount. Bred to fend off lions.
    Mine has drawn blood and ripped the pantsleg off an intruder as he was hopping the wall to get out of my yard and away.

Very friendly and trustworthy dogs - but as with any animal that size, owners who don't see that they'rw trained should be put down.
    And don't fuck with a boerboel's family.

20. PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

They get bored and break your shit. Similar to huskies. Best kept on large properties, farms, or ranches.