If the US military branches fought each other, which comes out on top?

I don't think that user KoreanZawmbie is speaking from experience, my friend. KILL KILL was actually infantry a few years ago.

Yeah, I'd like to hear KK's views on CIA SAD. I believe he's done at least a couple of Tours of Iraq.

Yeah, I'd like to hear KK's views on CIA SAD. I believe he's done at least a couple of Tours of Iraq.

I don't know too much about them. From what I understand, the Lion of Fallujah was an active duty Marine while simultaneously working for the CIA. So I have no idea what training they undergo or what criteria they look for, or if they even have a separate element or do they just use guys from other branches?

I don't think I've EVER heard anything on the news about SAD. You have me curious now though... I've read that they recruit from Delta Force, but not exclusively. I don't know if that makes them better than Delta. There's a learning curve with Special Forces training. Well really, there's a learning curve with everything. Several countries have units that are at the VERY end of the learning curve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Activities_Division

Last edited:
I don't think I've EVER heard anything on the news about SAD. You have me curious now though... I've read that they recruit from Delta Force. I don't know if that makes them better than Delta. There's a learning curve with Special Forces training. Several countries have units that are at the VERY end of the learning curve.

I mean, you have to put what they do into perspective. They're obviously very small. They likely operate completely under the radar and I'd assume their job is to sway locals or identify high value targets.

They wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with any of the spec ops groups as direct combat isn't their mission. If anything, they try to avoid it.

According to Wiki(yeah, I know) CIA SAD are recruited from Delta and other US Special Ops Units. SAD training, which takes place at the Farm and other venues, lasts at least 18 months. SAD has several hundred Paramilitary Officers, as the CIA calls them.

^That's the first time I ever heard that. I thought he fled to South America.

This is a DA fight against each other, in that situation the Rangers would win. When you fight these kind of fights you no longer have the element of surprise and it is basically a heads up fight. Rangers strive in this scenario and have the man power, training, and equipment to overwhelm the others.

I know people adore certain groups, but fire superiority is a gigantic piece in a fire fight.

Rangers are bad motherfuckers. It always irritates me when people try to make them out to be lesser soldiers.

I think you underestimate how fucked up grunts can be if they aren't concerned with the Geneva convention codes

Being crazier doesn't over come the size and equipment discrepancies. Also they are both from the same walks of life, and I would say the Army holds the edge since the standards to get in are lower.

Don't get me wrong, Marines are fine but what the Corps is best capable of doing doesn't scale well to full scale conventional warfare. Marines don't have the hitting power or the staying power of Big Army for a protracted force-on-force slugfest.

A single Army ACR/Heavy BCT has almost as much heavy armor and firepower as all Marine tank battalions combined.

There might be more rangers than all of the marine corps

Not even close. There are many people who have a Ranger tab, which is a leadership school. Scrolls are a whole different story.

Jody is the real winner here guys.

Think about it.

The Army would win, easily, even though its much less disciplined and tactically effective than the Marines.

Comparative size, the USMC wins easily, but the Army is substantially larger. Peep the 2004 Battle of Najaf to see what i'm talking about.

Back