Opinion If the United States was divided into 2 countries: 1 democratic and 1 Republican

The cool happening exciting America would be Democrat. Just look at Democrat states and the big cities.
West Coast and the North East are America's cultural tour-de-force, and they are Democrat.

Yeah but the UFC wouldn't exist in the Democratic areas. Liberal men are feminine and pussies. Most have sucked 50 dicks in their lives but have never been in fist fights. So you'll have to illegally stream the UFC events from the Republican areas since that's where all the tough guys live. People actually have to work for what they gain in the Republican areas, not get free handouts and participation trophies you'll find in the TDS areas.

how would the democratic country pay for their handouts? this is a no brainer, i'd choose to live in the free country...

I would never go into a men’s bathroom at an airport on the Democrat side because it would be filled with elected officials from the Republican side looking to blow dudes.

I would never go into a men’s bathroom at an airport on the Democrat side because it would be filled with elected officials from the Republican side looking to blow dudes.

Sounds like you've had way too much experience with this bro.

how would the democratic country pay for their handouts? this is a no brainer, i'd choose to live in the free country...

You realize that college graduates are more likely to vote democrat than republican, right? Those with graduate degrees even more widely favor the democratic party.

Sounds like you've had way too much experience with this bro.
Based on actual anti gay elected Republicans that got busted trying to blow dudes in airport bathrooms. My favorite part is the press conference where the wife has to stand next to her husband who is apologizing for blowing dudes. That is a Republican tradition.

I'm sure you're fun at parties.

You realize that college graduates are more likely to vote democrat than republican, right? Those with graduate degrees even more widely favor the democratic party.
What's your point? I'll assume you're saying college graduates who tend to vote Democrat pay more taxes than others who vote Republican? And I'm guessing you're speaking more of wealthy college graduates right? As I'm a college graduate...

Those same virtuous graduates are telling you what you can and can't say and how you will protect yourself or rather how they'd like for you to give up your ability to protect yourself. I'll live in the free country, thanks... I'd argue wealthy people are such more due to greed than compassion though they'd like you to believe the latter and they'd rather tell you you're going to give up your money than give up their own...

We lived in a more liberal area just a few miles away. They managed to turn a great area into shit hole pretty quick. It is funny, because after they ruined it, the liberals moved out and repeated the process.

I'm from your general area. Can you explain how the small area you're describing turned bad, due to liberals? It's not like your neighborhood has it's own tiny local government.

I'm from your general area. Can you explain how the small area you're describing turned bad, due to liberals? It's not like your neighborhood has it's own tiny local government.
Montgomery Village. Basically inviting in low income people and being soft on crime. It drove out the decent people PDQ. Montgomery County was big on not having a middle class though.

What's your point? I'll assume you're saying college graduates who tend to vote Democrat pay more taxes than others who vote Republican? And I'm guessing you're speaking more of wealthy college graduates right? As I'm a college graduate...

Those same virtuous graduates are telling you what you can and can't say and how you will protect yourself or rather how they'd like for you to give up your ability to protect yourself. I'll live in the free country, thanks... I'd argue wealthy people are such more due to greed than compassion though they'd like you to believe the latter and they'd rather tell you you're going to give up your money than give up their own...

What are you even talking about on your second point? College graduates earn far more over their lifetimes, on average, so yes, they do pay more in taxes.

What are you even talking about on your second point? College graduates earn far more over their lifetimes, on average, so yes, they do pay more in taxes.
good luck with your country, we'll probably be peacefully intervening soon to save you from yourselves at the request of your citizens...

Neither. Democracy works specifically because the tension between Right and Left mitigates against the excesses of either taking hold. Without this tension, you're looking at a right wing hell hole on one side, and a left wing hell hole on the other (both look surprisingly similar in practice, by the way).

If I want to play by the assumptions of the thought experiment, though, I think you clearly want to live on the Republican side, because you'd still be able to visit the Democrat side any time you wanted and take advantage of whatever perks came with living there (a free medical procedure, for instance) without any proof of residency, and then return to the Republican side for whatever perks were there (such as not being on the hook to pay taxes to cover a free medical system). Best of both worlds.

On the Democrat side, you'd be paying taxes to pay for things like free healthcare, but half of that would be going to serve Republicans who were coming across the border for free procedures. And good luck trying to get over that wall into Republica for anything that might be appealing on the other side...

Based on actual anti gay elected Republicans that got busted trying to blow dudes in airport bathrooms. My favorite part is the press conference where the wife has to stand next to her husband who is apologizing for blowing dudes. That is a Republican tradition.
So... The bathrooms would be full based off of 1 guys actions? Typical leftist TDS post.

So... The bathrooms would be full based off of 1 guys actions? Typical leftist TDS post.
TDS? I never heard of Trump blowing dudes in airport bathrooms. You got a link for that accusation?

If you look at US Cities that were successful or are still largely successful you'll see that being moderate in law and policy and fiscally conservative makes for a nice place to live. Seeing variety in the political party of your city council and Mayor tends to be a good thing IMO.

Since most major cities have gone Democrat we can see what decades of single (in this case Democrat) rule have wrought. Baltimore, Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Fran, Detroit, Flint, LA, St. Louis, etc haven't flourished under the vision of single party Democrat rule. As the hard core single party voters move on to states like Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and North / South Carolina we see the trend continue. Dems in the surrounding DC area have transformed Virginia and it's not for the better.

Is one party inherently better? No. But, as a middle-aged man who grew up in a Democrat household; I can tell you that the Dems have been doubling down on failed policies and there is no end in sight. My Mother was a staunch JFK era Dem and she thinks the party is off of the rails to the point that she registered as a Republican last election cycle. I'd choose to live on the Republican side if it came to it. More Salt Lake City, Utah for me and less Camden, New Jersey thank you.

No I'm pretty sure he went door to door and did polling at this location to ensure that the political demographic was in fact the one reason for said area becoming a shithole to prove his totally not biased anecdotal point.

yeah what was I thinking , I’m such an idiot , My neutrality in politics is probably contributing to creating the shithole towns Im afraid to admit

Considering democrat states by far out earn republican states, and given that republican states are dependent on the blues for welfare handouts

red states would quickly devolve into a third world shit hole with mega corps basically enslaving the population and paying them starvation wages

Back