If the UFC is worth 4 billion, what are the other MMA organizations worth?

Not really. You're not including the value of Yahoo's Alibaba and Yahoo Japan stakes which are worth more than 40 billion today.

and they're keeping those stakes in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan which will soon be spun in to a new company, Verizon just bought Yahoo's operating business. What makes this sale an epic fail for yahoo is they literally could be worth 40 billion dollars more if they sold to Microsoft in 2008.

How can losing out on 40 billion "not really" be an epic fail? lol

UFC is neck and neck with soccer TS... God

and they're keeping those stakes in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan which will soon be spun in to a new company, Verizon just bought Yahoo's operating business. What makes this sale an epic fail for yahoo is they literally could be worth 40 billion dollars more if they sold to Microsoft in 2008.

How can losing out on 40 billion "not really" be an epic fail? lol

Because MS's purchase would have been inclusive of all Yahoo assets inclusive of "Remain Co" while Verizon is only purchasing the Yahoo operating company (i.e. not "Remain Co").

Just look at the stock ticker. Even though Microsoft was massively going to overpay (with a 60% premium on the then stock price) in 2008 for $31 per share, currently the stock is trading higher at $39. You got more in the end if you were a Yahoo stock owner because they didn't sell then.

Because MS's purchase would have been inclusive of all Yahoo assets inclusive of "Remain Co" while Verizon is only purchasing the Yahoo operating company (i.e. not "Remain Co").

Just look at the stock ticker. Even though Microsoft was massively going to overpay (with a 60% premium on the then stock price) in 2008 for $31 per share, currently the stock is trading higher at $39. You got more in the end if you were a Yahoo stock owner because they didn't sell then.
Idk what this means but I have a feeling Karaev fan reKt someone

Considering Strikeforce was bigger and better than Bellator is, I'd say Bellator is worth about half of what SF sold for (which was apparently 40 million).

Yahoo already sold half of their stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba in 2012, half of that stake that Microsoft would have bought was just essentially given to Verizon for nothing. Yahoo would have also received 50% of it's payment in Microsoft stock which was trading at $29 at the time and is now trading at $56, if Microsoft had control of that Alibaba stock that $56 a share could possibly be way more. That $45 billion offer could easily be worth 60 billion + today.

Idk what this means but I have a feeling Karaev fan reKt someone

He just thought a company was worth $4B now when you could quickly google it and see that its worth 10x that. He misread the headline and now he's entrenching himself in his position to save face.

Rekt is hardly the proper word. Its honestly sorta embarrassing for me too. Like pointing out that a guy has his fly unzipped and him bluster that its the design of his pants while his face reddens.

He just thought a company was worth $4B now when you could quickly google it and see that its worth 10x that. He misread the headline and now he's entrenching himself in his position to save face.

Rekt is hardly the proper word. Its honestly sorta embarrassing for me too. Like pointing out that a guy has his fly unzipped and him bluster that its the design of his pants while his face reddens.
That's double reKt imo

Yahoo already sold half of their stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba in 2012, half of that stake that Microsoft would have bought was just essentially given to Verizon for nothing. Yahoo would have also received 50% of it's payment in Microsoft stock which was trading at $29 at the time and is now trading at $56, if Microsoft had control of that Alibaba stock that $56 a share could possibly be way more. That $45 billion offer could easily be worth 60 billion + today.

Nope. The sellback was returned to the shareholders by share buybacks. It did not go to Verizon.

You're also fooling nobody by trolling through Wikipedia to try to find some way to justify your arithmetic. Yeah, Yahoo could have been worth more. They did not however, magically reduce their worth to a 10th of what it could have been, which was the implication of your original post.

Back