If The Spider loses 3 fights in a row, should he retire?

Because his style won't win in today's MMA. Boxing and BJJ is not enough. You have to be more well rounded these days. Same goes for his brother Nate.

This fight will be all striking and BJJ. Diaz struggles against wrestlers and Silva won't be able to resist striking with him. Diaz may get dropped ten plus times but he won't be finished. Lawler and Daley couldn't finish him and they are more powerful than Silva. Diaz won't give Silva time to breathe and will attack the body. Silva will be hesistant to kick as well which reduces the risk of leg kicks which is a Diaz weakness. Nick has no fear of coming forward which is the key to beating Anderson. People aren't looking at this fight deeply enough. Diaz will tire him out and finish him late

I can't believe ANYONE thinks he would lose to Diaz. Imagine if we'd proposed this fight before the Weidman loss? It would be a joke. Just because he lost, now he sucks bad enough to lose to Diaz? I don't think so... That's one fight I would actually bet real money on. :d
The thing is styles makes fights. This would be a great fight even if Anderson was undeafeted. Unless you think nicks boxing is not legit i dont see why you think this will be so easy. If nick checks 1 kick this could possibly turn into a boxing match and if thats case this will be fight of the night.

This fight will be all striking and BJJ. Diaz struggles against wrestlers and Silva won't be able to resist striking with him. Diaz may get dropped ten plus times but he won't be finished. Lawler and Daley couldn't finish him and they are more powerful than Silva. Diaz won't give Silva time to breathe and will attack the body. Silva will be hesistant to kick as well which reduces the risk of leg kicks which is a Diaz weakness. Nick has no fear of coming forward which is the key to beating Anderson. People aren't looking at this fight deeply enough. Diaz will tire him out and finish him late

I just can't picture that happening for the life of me. Diaz finishing Silva? That would be the end of Silva's career if that happened. Personally? I think It'll either go to a decision or AS will KO him with punches or knees.

The thing is styles makes fights. This would be a great fight even if Anderson was undeafeted. Unless you think nicks boxing is not legit i dont see why you think this will be so easy. If nick checks 1 kick this could possibly turn into a boxing match and if thats case this will be fight of the night.

I don't think this match would ever have been made had it not been for Silva's losses to Weidman. You have to admit, they weren't even considered in the same league up until then and now suddenly that's all changed? Diaz is legit, no doubt, I just think Silva's got something to prove and I think we are going to be seeing the same Silva that fought Chris Leben and Rich Franklin. A no-nonsense murderer. It's going to be awesome...
wink.gif

Why retire when he can still easily beat Bisping? That fight would be a huge draw.

Feed him Hendo again. There we go. 2 exciting KOs for him.

He's going to annihilate Diaz.

Those were the first two names I thought of for him. High profile money makers that he should win. I'd also be interested in another Belfort fight, see how they'd do without the one shot KO kick.

I don't recall Daley or Lawler finishing lhws. Your logic is flawed

I don't think this match would ever have been made had it not been for Silva's losses to Weidman. You have to admit, they weren't even considered in the same league up until then and now suddenly that's all changed? Diaz is legit, no doubt, I just think Silva's got something to prove and I think we are going to be seeing the same Silva that fought Chris Leben and Rich Franklin. A no-nonsense murderer. It's going to be awesome...
wink.gif

I am not arguing that the match ever would have taken place, but it still would have been a great match. No disrespect to rich franklin or leban but nicks boxing is more effective than those guys. Im definately not saying nick is better overall fighter than silva, but if your going to break this fight down realistically, Nick has the tools to win this fight not only now but even years ago. Its just the match up. The blueprint to beat Nick is no secret and alot fighters have those skillsets but anderson fancys himself a good boxer. Its the reason he dropped his hands Wiedman, and i could easily see him falling into that trap the Cerrone did. Im just saying, this isnt the cakewalk people think it is.

I am not arguing that the match ever would have taken place, but it still would have been a great match. No disrespect to rich franklin or leban but nicks boxing is more effective than those guys. Im definately not saying nick is better overall fighter than silva, but if your going to break this fight down realistically, Nick has the tools to win this fight not only now but even years ago. Its just the match up. The blueprint to beat Nick is no secret and alot fighters have those skillsets but anderson fancys himself a good boxer. Its the reason he dropped his hands Wiedman, and i could easily see him falling into that trap the Cerrone did. Im just saying, this isnt the cakewalk people think it is.

Agree with you there. This is anything but a cake walk. :D

I don't recall Daley or Lawler finishing lhws. Your logic is flawed

Those guys were afraid to engage and let Silva find his timing. Belfort was too. I can't wait for this fight. The butthurt is going to be unreal

If he loses to Nick fucking Diaz, then yes he should retire

he should have retired after being flying scissor heel hooked....how embarrassing

Anderson fights and trains because he likes to.
Fedor lost 3 in a row at the end, and we're all still begging for him to come back.

Maybe some guys just enjoy the competition, even if they're not at the top of the mountain any more. If fans enjoy watching them fight, let them fight.

if he loses badly to nick then yeah he should. nothing more to prove and it would hurt his legacy trying to find that last win

Given that the 3rd fight would apparently be Nick Diaz, I would say retire before the postfight interview.

Yes, he should. Losing to Diaz who is a much smaller man would be such an embarrassment that there would be no reason to continue fighting.

Back