if the Conor fight was at 170, why not a fight against...

Welterweight BJJ master...really ?...No....It's not about setting up the toughest possible fight for Conor. It's about saving the card because RDA fucked it up!..Conor/Nate is perfect for that.
This all the way. I was going to make a thread saying this but there's no point in this place.

The fans who bought tickets for the RDA fight have to be made happy also. Would Maia do this?

Because it makes no fucking sense.

Where did you come up with Maia? Did you just draw names out of a hat?

It isn't Conor's fault that RDA ruined the card. Conor could easily pull out himself, but he isn't that kind of guy.

Why do people think Conor should fight the worst possible opponent on 11 days notice when he doesnt have to. He didnt pick an easy opponent. He didnt have to fight at all for youse bums

in other words ... its about giving Conor a fight he has 90% chances to win?

RDA pulled out last minute so there aren't many choices. Nate is the best there is right now for this situation.

Becausd its not really a 170 lb fight

Hea fighting a lightweight at welterweight.

Except the media kept calling it a Welterweight fight at the press conference, and if he wins, his fans are going to do the same. Hell, many of them are already.

Another version of the cool new mental gymnastics game going on here. Think of anyone who you think would beat Conor, but who made no god damn sense as a replacement for 196, and try to imply Conor is ducking or being protected. Absolutely pathetic.

Because Maia is charismatic, huge draw, entertaining fighting style, in the same division as Conor and is the fight that makes sense? Oh wait, none of that is true, nevermind.

Forget the thread who's big juicy ass is that in your av?
If my memory serves me well, she´s alexis texas
anyway, asides beating Aldo Conor is making a name off fighting guys in short notice, not his fault but its not that much of a great champ to have this fights to show them as huge achievements

Why do people think Conor should fight the worst possible opponent on 11 days notice when he doesnt have to. He didnt pick an easy opponent. He didnt have to fight at all for youse bums

They want Conor to lose so bad that they have lost all common sense or they never had any to begin with

in other words ... its about giving Conor a fight he has 90% chances to win?

IF you think he has a 90% chance of beating Nate Diaz at 170 pounds, you don't watch much MMA

Last edited:
Because Maia is charismatic, huge draw, entertaining fighting style, in the same division as Conor and is the fight that makes sense? Oh wait, none of that is true, nevermind.
yeah, its a shame and its sad you (along 90% UFC fans) dont train BJJ or submission fighting, that explains why in your opinion Maia is boring, ypu should stick to stand up fighting not MMA

If my memory serves me well, she´s alexis texas
anyway, asides beating Aldo Conor is making a name off fighting guys in short notice, not his fault but its not that much of a great champ to have this fights to show them as huge achievements

uh? so Mendes wasn't a suitable replacement? He's just some bum midget they found off the street?

IF you think he has a 90% chance of beating Nate Diaz 170 pounds, you don't watch much MMA
its not beating Nate at 170, its about beating Nate at 170 with less than 2 weeks notice, dont hang too much on Conor´s nuts

Well in that case, why shouldn't he just fight Rumble. I mean he used to fight at 170.

uh? so Mendes wasn't a suitable replacement? He's just some bum midget they found off the street?
2 week notice Mendes? yeah, it showed in the fight he was destroying Conor until he gassed
Mendes is good and have good cardio, but it wasnt Mendes at 100%, it was like taking him out of the gym with no proper training and putting him against a full camp guy, dont show only the facts that help Conor look good, you know if Mendes was full camp that night it would have been a different story

Back