if the Conor fight was at 170, why not a fight against...

Haliacmon

WRECKING EVERYTHING
@Black
Reaction score
Demian Maia?
I know he´s fighting Matt Brown in May, but if he was already on camp with no injuries it was the fight I really was interested, also they could promote it like a fight of revenge after the brazilian schooled Conor´s training partner Gunnar Nelson, that fight wasnt even competitive at all and Conor could avenge his friend´s loss-
Plus, Maia has the perfect style to beat Conor, but I guess the UFC was not letting his new cash guy get a beating from and old BJJ guy

Becausd its not really a 170 lb fight

Hea fighting a lightweight at welterweight.

so a FW is fighting a LW at WW? no... 170 is 170, no bs here, plus Conor always says that weight doesnt matter

Because nobody cares about Demian.

Conor only wants to fight names. Conor doesn't want Demian Maia to make a name off him.

I really doubt Maia - a former 185er, could make weight on 11 days notice
Or any welterweight for that matter

Welterweight BJJ master...really ?...No....It's not about setting up the toughest possible fight for Conor. It's about saving the card because RDA fucked it up!..Conor/Nate is perfect for that.

As the others have said, it's not a welterweight fight. It's a fight at 170 so two lightweights don't have to worry about cutting weight.

Welterweight BJJ master...really ?...No....It's not about setting up the toughest possible fight for Conor. It's about saving the card because RDA fucked it up!..Conor/Nate is perfect for that.

Makes sense, since the UFC seems determined to get Conor beat my guys who at this point are mid tier fighters fighting multiple weight classes above McGregor

Barring a quick KO, Maia would drag Conor to the ground and absolutely drown him.

UFC would never allow that fight to happen, casuals dont know Maia, and it would be all risk with no reward for Conor.

If you want to save a card that had a hugely popular title fight, you don't call Demian Maia.

Forget the thread who's big juicy ass is that in your av?

He has a fight scheduled already. The UFC isn't going to ruin another card in addition to this one due to RDA pulling out.

Good thing you're not in charge of setting up fights...

in other words ... its about giving Conor a fight he has 90% chances to win?

Back