1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

If someone told you 5 years ago

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Koro_11, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Koro_11 Silver Belt

That in 2021 the 205 title would be Jan Blahowich versus Glover Texeira, you would call them crazy.

Five years ago Jan was a jobber on a 1-4 record in his past 5 and Glover was beginning to alternate wins and losses and getting ko’d every other fight.

It’s pretty cool how both these guys who put their time in are in this position now. And realistically they have Jonesy to think for being so nice and vacating the division so that others might have a chance to shine. Such a fine young man that Jon Jones, the salt of the earth.

But jokes aside I’m really happy for those two dudes, I like Jan but I wouldn’t mind seeing Glover hold the title for a minute either.

2. CallMeCasual Purple Belt

That is the beauty of MMA. The most unpredictable sport in the world and why I tune in to watch every event. After a good event, where the guys I wanted to win won, I can stay up for like 2 days and barely sleep due to the adrenaline kick and it takes time for it to go down. I'm just really invested in the fights and the fighters. Maybe weird but that's how I am.

13 others likes this.
  3. pseto223 Blue Belt

4. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

Still not as crazy as saying in 2012 that Bisping would beat Anderson Silva and face GSP for the second defence of his middleweight title.

Staph infection likes this.
  5. chupacabra5 Orange Belt

And you’d be right to call them crazy. Because at the time, those fighters showed us nothing indicating that this would happen.

Koro_11 likes this.
  6. giovanni_ss Taeyeon Belt

It's crazy. Just shows a lot can happen in a year, not to mention half a decade.

Next week will be the first anniversary of lockdown, and 1 year anniversary of me being back on sherdog after 6 years.

7. 13 others Black Belt

To be honest thats cool that you're that into it. Makes it that much better as a fan.

CallMeCasual likes this.
  8. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

username does not check out.

9. tat2man5k Black Belt

Agree with everything you said, ESPECIALLY the last sentence.

10. CallMeCasual Purple Belt

I have the nickname because on here a lot of people think that whenever you joined this forum, that's when you started to watch MMA. But I have followed/watched since Gus started to make some waves in the UFC and was really invested since his first fight against Jones. Being from Sweden and Gustaffson fighting for the title is really what got me into MMA because it was not popular at all here, and then it just exploded in popularity because he was like everywhere, on television, radio and became one of the more recognizable athletes in Sweden, and ever since then, I have been a fan of the sport.

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  11. tehMoose Yellow Card Yellow Card

I will explain why. Some of them are not good anymore post USADA (you know who already) and the rest of the good LHWs went from UFC to Bellator. (Rumble, Davis, Bader, Corey)

Glover doesn't have to worry about Rumble who KTFO him in 13 seconds and Davis and Corey who both 30-27 his ass.

UFC has a weak LHW division but at least we have a good LHW division in Bellator