If Smitty defeats Jones...

It's not even a possibility. I'm a huge fan who has followed lionheart for about 6 years, even made a thread on my last account on regional guys who need to finish their careers in the UFC which centered on him and Jason Jackson. But he can not beat Jones.the skill discrepancy is too great
people said the same about mike tyson and buster douglas

Not sure it beats Serra/GSP, purely because Smith has KO power and Serra was a BJJ guy

But that being said current Jones is waaaay bigger than GSP at that time so maybe

people said the same about mike tyson and buster douglas
I'm from Ohio, and my father was a JBD fan. It's slightly over stated how many people(especially Midwesterners ) actually gave Buster a chance to eek one out. That was a great upset, but Buster proved before that fight that he was capable of stealing a win from any heavyweight. Smith in the other hand, regardless of how much I really like the guy and enjoy him fighting, he just doesn't really even have an opportunity to get it done aginast Jon no matter where the fight is. Even on the feet he probably still doesn't have the advantage at boxing range, and is at a major disadvantage at all other ranges.

Reaction pretty much
tenor.gif

That's nonsense the defences are irrelevant and I guess you weren't watching MMA in 2006. Serra winning TUF was far from convincing too Sherdog play by play scored it 30-27 Lytle.
Serra was 9-4 going into the GSP fight and had never knocked anyone out.
Have you seen Anthony Smiths record dude struggled with Hector Lombard.

Smith would become the GOAT?

Jones would get a rematch because this time his test levels fluctuate in a negative way and is allowed an exemption from ped testing to "level out"?

Back