If Siver wins, it will be the biggest upset ever?

For all the people saying that he has not done anything yet, just remember how few years ago people like you were saying exactly the same thing about Jon Jones.

He has not faced the best fighters yet, however he has easily destroyed everybody so far and it is pretty obvious that he has enough skills to be a very serious contender for the title.

The Serra/St. Pierre fight was an upset, not because Serra was overlooked, but because St. Pierre was a monster. He beat the greatest welterweight champion the UFC had seen up to that point, and before that he had just came off of wins over Sherk, Trigg, and Penn, arguably all in the top 5 of the 170lb division at the time.

McGregor I consider the favorite, but not a heavy favorite. Wouldn't be a jaw-dropper, in my opinion.

Yeah, I damn near fell out of my Chair when Serra KO'd GSP. I see your point, nothing that happens in the McGregor fight would ever surprise me as much as that did. I was just surprised at the time that virtually nobody had any respect for Serra's striking. I'm kind of a Ray Longo fan... if you couldn't tell.

Last edited:
Even bigger than GSP-Serra, Werdum-Fedor?

I guess the odds have McGregor like -500000 or something like that, and I do not see Siver surviving one round, let alone win the fight.

But if for some absolutely crazy reason Siver actually wins, do you think it will be the biggest upset in MMA history?

Why?
Conor's been stopped before.

Besides, it will only prove Conor is not nearly as perfect as people think he is (and not ready for Aldo).

For all the people saying that he has not done anything yet, just remember how few years ago people like you were saying exactly the same thing about Jon Jones.

He has not faced the best fighters yet, however he has easily destroyed everybody so far and it is pretty obvious that he has enough skills to be a very serious contender for the title.

One case of living up to the hype doesn't mean anything, we were saying the same about Gunnar Nelson and Ryan Bader as well

Not even close. It would ever be an upset.

McGregor's got the goods, that's for sure. He hasn't had a whole lot of mental lapses in the fights I've seen. I'm as excited as anyone to witness his run at Aldo. As a fan, I love this. Anything that can shake up that division is okay with me. Then we'd have the inevitable immediate rematch to look forward to. :D

Conor has been impressive, but him losing to Siver would not even make the top 20 upset list. Seriously, wth?

I don't think Siver has a shot in hell based on what I've seen from McGregor. He may get off a nice spinning back kick to the gut and end it. Who knows? I sure hope not though. I'm enjoying the McGregor hype train. I hope he really IS as good as he thinks he is. It'd be nice to take another Brazilian belt home. ;)

Home as in Ireland?

No he hasn't done nothing at all. He walked trough 2 divisions in Cage Warriors, came into the UFC detroyed each opponent with easy.. One with a torn ACL and meniscus..

Became the most talked about fighter in MMA in the past few years... And yet he hasn't done nothing...

You gotta fookin love the haters.. haha
Wow

Yeah, I damn near fell out of my Chair when Serra KO'd GSP. I see your point, nothing that happens in the McGregor fight would ever surprise me as much as that did. I was just surprised at the time that virtually nobody had any respect for Serra's striking. I'm kind of a Ray Longo fan... if you couldn't tell. :D

To be fair, aside from the near KO over Parisyan, Serra hadn't done anything to make the fans think otherwise. His style, up to that point, was very grapple-heavy and I don't think he ever stopped anyone striking until he fought GSP.

Mcgregor at least in the UFC remains untested. He has yet to face adversity inside the octagon, so no it won't be the most major upset, but it will certainly upset the UFC brass, possibly moreso than any other fight in history for him to lose to Siver.

yes TS, it will be the biggest upset in MMA history. Hands down, end of story, /thread
mcgregoat has talked himself up with such a tornado of shit talk that he has painted himself into the proverbial corner, and I want to watch him succeed mind you

Haha what? This is a troll thread, right?

McGregors grappling is still untested in the ufc

Back