If Siver wins, it will be the biggest upset ever?

pridedorim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even bigger than GSP-Serra, Werdum-Fedor?

I guess the odds have McGregor like -500000 or something like that, and I do not see Siver surviving one round, let alone win the fight.

But if for some absolutely crazy reason Siver actually wins, do you think it will be the biggest upset in MMA history?

Even bigger than GSP-Serra, Werdum-Fedor?

I guess the odds have McGregor like -500000 or something like that, and I do not see Siver surviving one round, let alone win the fight.

But if for some absolutely crazy reason Siver actually wins, do you think it will be the biggest upset in MMA history?

I'd go with yes. Serra has always been overlooked for how good he really was. I think their Camp, and Longo in general are only now starting to get the respect they deserve. Thanks in large part to Weidman.

Either way, I think MORE people thought Serra would lose than think Siver will. I damn near fell out of my chair when it happened. :D

Last edited:
Not really, no. I wouldn't be too shocked either way. Neither guy is really a top 5, or 10. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Siver does to Connor what Guida did to Pettis.

And it wouldn't be an upset, though many people would find it upsetting.

I won't lose any sleep over conor losing unlike some ppl on here... no it won't be the biggest upset ever... not even in the top 5.

I don't think Siver has a shot in hell based on what I've seen from McGregor. He may get off a nice spinning back kick to the gut and end it. Who knows? I sure hope not though. I'm enjoying the McGregor hype train. I hope he really IS as good as he thinks he is. Might be fun to take another Belt away from Brazil. ;)

Last edited:
Some people apparently don't know what the definite of an "upset" actually is.

Killing fabricated hype isn't an upset.

No McGregor hasn't done anything

No he hasn't done nothing at all. He walked trough 2 divisions in Cage Warriors, came into the UFC detroyed each opponent with easy.. One with a torn ACL and meniscus..

Became the most talked about fighter in MMA in the past few years... And yet he hasn't done nothing...

You gotta fookin love the haters.. haha

In terms of upsets with respect to betting odds Sokoudjou was +1350 against Lil Nog

nowhere near one of the biggest upsets, but up there for biggest disappointment

Serra-St Pierre is probably the biggest one ever.

Some people picked Werdum just because they were either tired of Fedor's cult, or because Werdum was a very skilled guy who brough a size advantage into the fight.

I don't think I remember anyone pickign Serra against Georges. I'm sure someone did, who was probably kidding, but realistically it just seemed like such an insurmountable mismatch. Georges was just such a machine when he was younger, but Serra had the fight of his life.

No he hasn't done nothing at all. He walked trough 2 divisions in Cage Warriors, came into the UFC detroyed each opponent with easy.. One with a torn ACL and meniscus..

Became the most talked about fighter in MMA in the past few years... And yet he hasn't done nothing...

[YT]lkjwIZhT5hg[/YT]

walking trough 2 divisions in Cage Warriors into a triangle choke

The hype around him has significantly more to do with his personal marketing than what he has actually done in terms of competing. Yes he has looked good in the fights he has had in the UFC, but realistically he only has one considerable win (Poirier) so it makes sense that people would say that he hasn't done anything or much so far. I'm a fan of Conor but it's true that he hasn't really faced top competition...quite the contrary..he's fighting lower-tiered fighters (such as Siver)

If Conor walked through Aldo, Frankie, Mendes, Lamas and all the other top FWs with his belt, smashing everyone in his path until little ol' Siver was given a shot because the UFC had run out of victims for Conor, it might, *might* be the kind of upset that GSP-Serra was.

Stop with this nonsense TS.

the way they are promoting siver......yes

Back