If Silva loses to Weidman again should he go up or down to another division?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see him at LHW because there are more exciting fights there. He has 10 fights or 9 after the Weidman fight. Not to exciting fights at MW that I can see.

he will probably lose a lot at lhw and retire...he already struggles against middleweight ground fighters, and he like 40, so i don't see him beating guys like rashad, davis, or jnes, due to their power and ground game..

I don't think he's making the cut to WW at his age. He should stay at MW or retire, I'd hope he'd stick around and finish his contract, I'm not a fan of his really, but I'd be lying if I said his striking isn't damn near amazing at times.

I would prefer to see him at LHW as well.

I don't think he's making the cut to WW at his age. He should stay at MW or retire, I'd hope he'd stick around and finish his contract, I'm not a fan of his really, but I'd be lying if I said his striking isn't damn near amazing at times.

He will stick around and finish his contract. Most of it, because he'll have to defend his title, again.

I think he will retire from mma no matter the outcome of the weidman fight,he wins he retires with the belt he loses he retires.

I think weidman then the Roy Jones boxing match and he will call it quits

Stay at MW, its really nothing else for him to do. The WW cut ain't happening and fighting Jones has no meaning if he loses again.

There's no telling. He seems determined to finish his contract. So maybe if he loses he'll just take fun/money fights, like against Bisping and the like.

He should probably retire. He'd really have nothing else to prove, I suppose. His legacy is great.

holy shit, so called fans of this sport are the cruelest of any sports fans.

Here's the best and most dominant mixed martial artist of all time, and he loses for the first time in the UFC and falls are calling for him to retire or change weight classes if he loses again.

Ridiculous.

he will probably lose a lot at lhw and retire...he already struggles against middleweight ground fighters, and he like 40, so i don't see him beating guys like rashad, davis, or jnes, due to their power and ground game..

If he does lose and then move up to LHW they wouldn't try to pair him against those kind of guys because they know he wouldn't want those fights. They would match him with guys that he could have exciting striking battles with.

Who did he struggle with at MW aside from the first Chael fight?? And sometimes cause a fighter is on his back working his guard, it doesn't mean he is struggling, he works for submissions. You cant say he struggles with vs grapplers in a scenario like the 2nd Chael fight or the Hendo when he was on his back for a round, but finished them the next round.

Who did he struggle with at MW aside from the first Chael fight?? And sometimes cause a fighter is on his back working his guard, it doesn't mean he is struggling, he works for submissions. You cant say he struggles with vs grapplers in a scenario like the 2nd Chael fight or the Hendo when he was on his back for a round, but finished them the next round.

well lhw has more wrestlers with more power...that's what im saying

Down??? He's 38 and walks around at 215-plus

He isnt making 170lbs.

And if he cant beat Weidman, he getting wrecked by Gus or Jones or Glover. Hell even Davis and Evans.

He's in a bad spot imo. He's on the wrong side of 30 and if he loses, he's 0-2 against the champ. Nobody will be clamoring for a rematch if that were to happen and very few would be interested in him fighting MW contenders since he's already beaten most of them.

I'm afraid he might retire but I hope I'm wrong.

I think a lot of you guys are uninformed.

Anderson has 9 fights left on his contract, where he's guaranteed $600,000 from the UFC per fight (based on the Weidman fight figure).

That means a guaranteed $5.4million dollars to fight out his contract. This is why he wasn't interested in fighting Weidman in a rematch at the start. He could fight guys outside the top10 and still make that same money.

He's got nothing else to prove. He holds all the major records in the UFC and he's fought all his life to get this 10 fight 6million guaranteed contract. This is before sponsors of course.

Why the fuck would he retire? throw away a guaranteed 8-fight 4.8million USD paycheck?

You guys need to think deeper before you post.

All I know is that if he made 170 he'd have a jolly time against the multitude of great wrestlers. Bad idea.

If he loses, he should retire. He had nothing left to prove five fights ago.

I think he beats Weidman the second time around, however.

I think he should get specific "super-fights", doesn't matter the weight class.

vs Bisping, vs Nick Diaz, vs Condit, vs Mousasi, vs Hendo, vs Shogun (unlikely because of the old chute-boxe friendship, but a man can dream, right?) and more...

If he loses to Weidman, i hope they never make Andy fight a wrestler again.... so we can appreciate his striking skills against other good strikers.

I'd like to see him at LHW because there are more exciting fights there. He has 10 fights or 9 after the Weidman fight. Not to exciting fights at MW that I can see.

He should retire if he loses to Weidman again.

Back