If Sarah Alpar loses this Sat & gets cut, what are your thoughts?

tucan89

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Safe to say she might be fighting for her job this Saturday after her go fund me headline. I think we can all agree fighter pay especially prelim fighters is cheap but being 9-5 and losing your only fight in the UFC last September is a terrible look. Like girl come on…

I also saw on her she’s married and both her and her husband have jobs? She better end up a world champion with that go fund me money lol.

She’s fighting 22 year old prospect Erin Blanchfield who is 6-1 & trains with Renzo Gracie. She won the inaugural Eddie bravo invitational tournament at the age of 18!

Justified or nah? I feel like there might be some butthurt towards the UFC because it will seems like they cut her for the whole go fund me thing, her record says otherwise lol

Last edited:
I confused her with Lisa Verzosa for quite a while after she was signed, maybe the UFC did as well.

Erin's going to crush her, she's fucked in this one imo

erin-cro-cop-blanchfield-kick.gif

Fighter pay (in general) is criminal for what they risk in there, but in this case you really don't need a super expensive camp for a low level WMMA fight. She's fighting at 135.. Amanda Nunes could roll off her couch first thing in the morning and beat this girl up with no training or preparation. If you need to spend $20,000+ to fight an unranked female you are doing something wrong.

Safe to say she might be fighting for her job this Saturday after her go fund me headline. I think we can all agree fighter pay especially prelim fighters is cheap but being 9-5 and losing your only fight in the UFC last September is a terrible look. Like girl come on…

I also saw on her she’s married and both her and her husband have jobs? She better end up a world champion with that go fund me money lol.

She’s fighting 22 year old prospect Erin Blanchfield who is 6-1 & trains with Renzo Gracie. She won the inaugural Eddie bravo invitational tournament at the age of 18!

Justified or nah? I feel like there might be some butthurt towards the UFC because it will seems like they cut her for the whole go fund me thing, her record says otherwise lol
Erin Blanchfield is, IMO, likely to win, and Sarah Alpar might well get cut at that point. She has plenty of money, plenty of time, there are no more excuses for her or from her.

The whole "woe is me" GoFundme thing might well backfire on her if she gets cut BEFORE she might otherwise have got cut.

Fighter pay (in general) is criminal for what they risk in there, but in this case you really don't need a super expensive camp for a low level WMMA fight. She's fighting at 135.. Amanda Nunes could roll off her couch first thing in the morning and beat this girl up with no training or preparation.
It's at 125. But just substitute Shevchenko for Nunes, still true.

Who the fuck is Sarah Alpar and why is there a thread about her?

Back