If Rumble dominates/brutually KOs Gus, what happens to the Vegas odds

That's a very big "if".

I'm just excited to see the fight. Johnson's got hands, and I mean fucking hands. He actually parries strikes and stays at range. He has an eye for distance and his pocket presence is amazing.

Against Gus, though? Damn, what a pugilistic war I'm hoping for.

My best guess on Gus vs Rumble is Rumble early and Gus late. Rumble has proven power and if he lands he can knock guys out. I don't see Gus trading with him a lot at the start and I expect Rumble to gas as the fight goes along. Five rounds, Gus wins a decision or a stoppage.

Rumble is throws fast and with power. However its going to be interesting if he can cut off the cage since gus moves very well

Meanwhile in reality, Johnson has been tapped by Rich Clementi (a lightweight), Koscheck (a welterweight) and Vitor (a middleweight). While Gus arguably beat the current LHW champion. But no, clearly it is Gus who hasn't been tested enough.

Sherdog gonna sherdog. Rumble lost to WW's years ago. Meanwhile, Gus getting subbed by Davis means nothing because it was also years ago. lol You gotta love it.

Sherdog gonna sherdog. Rumble lost to WW's years ago. Meanwhile, Gus getting subbed by Davis means nothing because it was also years ago. lol You gotta love it.

Both Rumble and Gustafsson have improved greatly and are not the fighters they once were.

Both Rumble and Gustafsson have improved greatly and are not the fighters they once were.

lol NO kidding? That's my point. Biased people will pick and choose what they want to believe then think it proves their ignorant point of view.

I don't care if Rumble KO's and submits Gus at the same time with a flying armbar suplex, I learned that picking against Jones usually results in being wrong.

lol NO kidding? That's my point. Biased people will pick and choose what they want to believe then think it proves their ignorant point of view.

Yep, I saw what you meant. Wasn't directly pointed to you precisely but other posters.

114989bloggif4f1442f480064.gif

If Vitor can do it, Jones can.

I don't trust this new Rumble resurgence at all. The Davis fight was impressive for sure and Rumble is always dangerous but it will be another Glover or Rampage fight for Jones except Rumble will gas quicker.

WW Rumble =/= LHW Rumble.

I hear you, but there is something to be said for Rumble fighting at a weight that is good for him. He was winning that fight with Vitor for a while, after the weight cutting fiasco. Jones is amazing, and Rumble has to beat Gus first, but I am interested in watching what Rumble can do at full strength.

Gus will wrestle Rumble in the first round and finish him in the second. This is a fight between the fighter with the best cardio in the division and the fighter with the worst except for maybe Shogun.

Gus has too much footwork and movement for Rumble imo, he will win convincingly.

Rumble showed a lot of power and good TDD in the davis and Nogueria fights... But he didnt move around much... He just stalked his prey... His biggest enemy will be his cardio unless he can drop Gus or Jones in the first round or two...

Gus saw what Rumble did to Davis,Nog and Arlovsky and wanted to avoid this fight at all costs until fan pressure and the UFC made him do it.

Rumble ate brutal shots from Arlovsky like they were candy. Gus doesn't have ANYWHERE near that kind of power either.

The only hope for Gus in this fight would be to avoid exchanges with with Rumble. What else is he going to do? Rumble could easily win this fight by octagon control and pressing the fight while Gus runs away. Because if Gus tries to trade with Rumble he will get KTFO.

Gus barely got by retirement Shogun and got hit a lot by him.

Gus will wrestle Rumble in the first round and finish him in the second. This is a fight between the fighter with the best cardio in the division and the fighter with the worst except for maybe Shogun.

Rumble would toss Gus aside. Davis who is a much,much,much BETTER wrestler than Gus could ever hope to be got flung aside like he was nothing by Rumble.

Davis subbed Gus and choked him out.

Diggem just gets wrecked each time he enters a thread with his nonsense. Why does he keep at it? :icon_lol:

IMHO...betting against jones has always let me down..butni am still gona bet against jones hehe...i dont hate the guy...i jus wana see if he can be beat in LHW...as a fighter i cant help but respect jones...i hate him as a person but again..i am not gona go hangbout wid jones...so what hisbattitude is is a non factor...now...gus vs rumble sud b interesting....and as everyone mentioned...cardio will be the big factor i guess...if rumble comes up wid better cardio he can beat gus...but gus has that movement...i dont think rumble can just walk and stalk towards gus like he usually does..another thing is rumble'S TDD..if davis cudnt take him down...it means it is not easy to take him down jus like that...and given the situation..he cud thoow anyone like a rag doll like he did to davis...KO power benefits rumble too...if rumble can hurt gus early...he wins...if it goes to distance..mayb gus by UD...i wud pik rumble wid a slight margin...

I think he almost has to brutally KO and dominate gus to prove he has a good shot at jones.

Saying all that..i dont think between jones/gus/rumble...anyone can beat each other brutally and decisicively

Back