If Roy Nelson shread all his fat and used his bjj more would he be any good?

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You know the guy's extremely unhealthy and underutilized his bjj for most of his career. I wonder if he went down to like LHW or MW with his power and chin how well he would of done.

He would probably be fighting at WW so no, he wouldn't do well

Wasted career at its finest

He skips every day except for burger day

He'd still be a mediocre fighter and gatekeeper that gets murked by anyone in the top 10

His gut is where is power comes from. Would be like Samson without his hair.

I think that extra padding helps him take the big punches, but if he dropped below HW I think he does even worse. He is used to dealing with slow plodding HW and couldn't handle the speed of the lower weights.

He may lose power if he dropped weight. Dude would have the best chin though

No because I'm pretty sure he trains in his living room.

has roy ever used BJJ in a UFC fight besides kimbo slice??? lol where do ppl get this idea that Roy is a BJJ GOD aside from joe rogan's bullshit commentary and a grainy ten year old youtube vid of him rolling with frank mir???

i'm sorry dude but his bjj is terribly overrated, his striking is one dimensional and predictable, and even if HE DID USE HIS BJJ his wrestling is terrible so he has no way to implement it

Even if he chose to stay fat but used his bjj more, I would say he would be better.

You know the guy's extremely unhealthy and underutilized his bjj for most of his career. I wonder if he went down to like LHW or MW with his power and chin how well he would of done.

Maybe 15 years ago, but now he's pretty much washed up. Nothing is gonna make a difference now

I think even if he had cut to LHW or MW he wouldn't have had much more success than he had at HW. He can ko anyone but he'd probably have a hard time with the speed of smaller guys. Either way he's too old/has too much mileage now to go on a big run in any division.

He'd do better if he cut some weight, but no, I don't think he belongs at light heavy. He doesn't have the speed or technical ability to hang with that group.

QstF8.gif

I don't what "shread" means, but I take it means to lose???

He might do ok, but he might not.

Back