If Rousey retires, McGregor loses again, UFC's in trouble

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Could be heading to that slump that UFC is bound to have every couple years. It's coming fast. Jones is probably out for two years. Damn.

UFC was fine before them, they'll be fine without them. With all these younger fighters coming in there's bound to be a standout.

Could be heading to that slump that UFC is bound to have every couple years. It's coming fast. Jones is probably out for two years. Damn.

This is sooo analogous to people who fucking bitched and cried about boxing being "dead" due to the Floyd vs Pac fight.

Boxing isn't a "mainstream" sport, and guess what, it's doing VERY GOOD right now.

...therefore, mainstream fans can kick fucking rocks.

And of course, that's akin to the UFC, in that the UFC is a niche "sport" that shouldn't be aimed towards casual viewers.

...as casual viewers aren't the ones who keep coming back, but REAL fans can only put up with so much hype train bullshit before they start to feel soured.

4 billion troubles. Anyway it's not too hard just bring in a WWE import on an extemption again

I can tell you just started watching UFC. Since your new, let me explain a few things to you.

Although it's going to be hard to swing off McGregors nuts after two losses, hang in there. Everyone loses, and the UFC doesn't ride on any single fighters back. There will always be new superstars.

There are fights almost every week now (I know it's hard to watch fights when your so far up Connies butthole, it's dark in there). You might think UFC is dying since the first PPV you ever watched without McGregor was UFC 200. Wasn't a good card for casuals.

You've probably never heard of him but Anderson Silva was a massive star and people were saying the same thing after his first two losses. Anyways, hang in there transparent belt.

the one thing this sport has over all the others is the quickness with which a star can emerge. One spectacular KO, or heated rivalry rematch and the UFC is back to breaking records.

You mean that if RR retires and Conor lose, you stop watching ?
I like Conor but another loss won't stop my love for MMA

You're still going to watch every event TS

last time i checked, these fighters were still under UFC contracts

20110515081921_827Q8838.JPG 8b08de798c1674008c0f6a7067006a87.jpg image_crop.jpg derrick-lewis-ufc-on-fox-111.jpg 31868ae2d6237df07ee1e997ec01bcc3_crop_north.jpg

ill still watch

UFC ain't gonna miss a beat with great fights. Might hurt potential earnings a lil bit but I'm not an owner so don't care.

This is sooo analogous to people who fucking bitched and cried about boxing being "dead" due to the Floyd vs Pac fight.

Boxing isn't a "mainstream" sport, and guess what, it's doing VERY GOOD right now.

...therefore, mainstream fans can kick fucking rocks.

And of course, that's akin to the UFC, in that the UFC is a niche "sport" that shouldn't be aimed towards casual viewers.

...as casual viewers aren't the ones who keep coming back, but REAL fans can only put up with so much hype train bullshit before they start to feel soured.

I agree.

Don't know if you agree with me on this one, but it's a bloodsport--in essence. It doesn't need to be a mainstream sport. It can live on PPV and cable channels and adults can sit at the venues. I love it, but this sport is not kicking balls or throwing them or running really fast. It's deliberately smashing someone's head so your head doesn't get smashed. It's reveling at the sight of an unconscious human being. It will never be truly mainstream--and that's fine. It's for true fans. It will survive.

Beyond the fact none of us are owners, UFC isn't even a publicly traded company, so these "shareholder" threads are pointless.

I know people say UFC is fine without Mcgregor but there never was a Mcgrefor like fighter in MMA before.

I agree.

Don't know if you agree with me on this one, but it's a bloodsport--in essence. It doesn't need to be a mainstream sport. It can live on PPV and cable channels and adults can sit at the venues. I love it, but this sport is not kicking balls or throwing them or running really fast. It's deliberately smashing someone's head so your head doesn't get smashed. It's reveling at the sight of an unconscious human being. It will never be truly mainstream--and that's fine. It's for true fans. It will survive.

Yes.

True fans tend to root for true fighters.

Hype trains come and go, just as their fans do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back