If Ronda isn't WMMA goat then who is?!

I disagree. Even Billy Wong is inspired by Cyborg:

51Kn3ydxzcL.jpg
LOL the main character in that actually beats up a Cyborg analogue, not specifically due to Cyborg hate though since she also beats up a Crocop, Mark Kerr and Brock analogue in it.

She's basically openweight Fedor/Dana (she runs "PrideUFC") of her universe and ends up fighting a vampire in the cage because her boyfriend wants her to re-retire and stop exposing modern MMA lol.

And yes it's a comedy.

There is no GOAT. There will never be a GOAT. Untill all of time stops there can never be a GOAT. You have no idea who is coming up in 5, 10, 20 years. So does it matter? So no Ronda is not the GOAT.
That's not necessarily true. Someone better might come a long in the future, but it's not guaranteed.

Well, Cyborg's opponents have a lower winning percentage than Rousey's opponents. Rousey fought four women at a weight class above the one she currently competes in, while Cyborg has never fought anyone bigger than her, and came in heavy for at least three fights, twice by more than five pounds. The top ten at 145 have a lower winning percentage when fighting women who step up from 135 than they do fighting other women at 145.

But hey, I am sure the data shows no difference.

Really.

Ronda's resume doesn't look so good when you consider that she lost brutally to a fighter who squeaked past Pennington and lost to Tate who was once knocked out by Kaitlin Young.

Using resumes of cans to decide on who would win a fight between Cyborg and Ronda is just as bad as MMA maths. It's easier just to picture the fight in your head and remember who ran from who.

I like how the people arguing over Cyborg and Ronda are completely ignoring the correct answer: Megumi Fujii.

mlo35v.gif

Using resumes of cans to decide on who would win a fight between Cyborg and Ronda is just as bad as MMA maths.
The most annoying thing is that Cyborg supporters keep calling fighters "cans" who Cyborg has not even proven better than.

I like how the people arguing over Cyborg and Ronda are completely ignoring the correct answer: Megumi Fujii.

mlo35v.gif
I said Megumi Fujii was the GOAT but I also put Cyborg above Rousey and that's what sparked the argument. Salty Rousey fans everywhere.

I said Megumi Fujii was the GOAT but I also put Cyborg above Rousey and that's what sparked the argument. Salty Rousey fans everywhere.
In this case, also salty Tate fans over Cyborg fans calling Rousey's opponents CANS when Rousey opponents' fans might not believe Cyborg is even better than them and just avoided losing by fighting much weaker comp. Although I'm a Rousey fan too so it's doubled up lol.

In this case, also salty Tate fans over Cyborg fans calling Rousey's opponents CANS when Rousey opponents' fans might not believe Cyborg is even better than them. Although I'm also a Rousey fan so it's doubled up lol.
That's like a riddle lol, had to think way too hard to understand that.

At least we can take some solace in the fact that nobody is hating on Megumi's accomplishments.

LOL the main character in that actually beats up a Cyborg analogue, not specifically due to Cyborg hate though since she also beats up a Crocop, Mark Kerr and Brock analogue in it.

She's basically openweight Fedor/Dana (she runs "PrideUFC") of her universe and ends up fighting a vampire in the cage because her boyfriend wants her to re-retire and stop exposing modern MMA lol.

And yes it's a comedy.
Oh, OK sounds more like Ronda Rousey then. I'll have to put that on my list.

I think what you anti-Cyborg folks fail to consider is that besides being undefeated (yes I know she lost her first fight), she has never lost a round or ever been in trouble against any of her opponents. Could Ronda have pulled that off every time for 10 years? Is Liz Carmouche better than all of Cyborg's competition? Would Holly Holm have beaten them all as well? Something must be said for consistency and also the way you win. Could Ronda take a round from Baars? Would she have left the ring under her own power? Even if her mma competition has not been the absolute best, you have to put together the entire picture and look at it from all angles. It should be clear that she would be favored against Tate, Zingano, Mcmann etc. and probably Holm and Rousey also.

I think what you anti-Cyborg folks fail to consider is that besides being undefeated (yes I know she lost her first fight), she has never lost a round or ever been in trouble against any of her opponents. Could Ronda have pulled that off every time for 10 years? Is Liz Carmouche better than all of Cyborg's competition? Would Holly Holm have beaten them all as well? Something must be said for consistency and also the way you win. Could Ronda take a round from Baars? Would she have left the ring under her own power? Even if her mma competition has not been the absolute best, you have to put together the entire picture and look at it from all angles. It should be clear that she would be favored against Tate, Zingano, Mcmann etc. and probably Holm and Rousey also.
Ok, admittedly this is the best pro-Cyborg argument I've seen but I would still be more convinced if she had opponents who were Coenen level-ish besides Coenen.

You're asking if any of the others could be consistently dominant over lower level comp aside from Coenen, I think maybe Nunes could be unless she gasses? She has a "dominant" style when she wins certainly.

Cyborg is Wand and Nunes is Rumble lol.

We also don't call Royce, Ken, and Oleg GOATS and once in a life time athletes either. Why? Because we know they fought in an era where skills weren't high at all. The same as WMMA is now, it's foolish to start talking about women GOAT.

Well when we speak of the GOAT, isn't it implied that we mean the greatest up to the present day?

Wouldn't you say that Matt Hughes was definitely the GOAT WW up to a certain point in MMA's history, even though GSP came in later and wrecked his shit?

At least we can take some solace in the fact that nobody is hating on Megumi's accomplishments.

Many people probably do not know who she is. Or Yuka Tsuji. Hell, Hisae Watanabe had an amazing record, with 12 of her 20 wins coming via KO or TKO.

Do not forget her multiple opponents with zero wins
When? From like 2006 in some tiny promotion when she was starting out? Yeah, let's hold that against her lol.
<{nope}>

You should be ashamed of your weak attempt to discredit.

That's not necessarily true. Someone better might come a long in the future, but it's not guaranteed.
But it's not false either. So how can you call her a greatest of ALL time without going through ALL time first. And someone already beat her so someone better did come.

PED-tainted WMMA GOAT = Cyborg
Non-PED-tainted WMMA GOAT = Joanna

Rousey out of the conversation, at least while Joanna is unbeaten.

Ok, admittedly this is the best pro-Cyborg argument I've seen but I would still be more convinced if she had opponents who were Coenen level-ish besides Coenen.

You're asking if any of the others could be consistently dominant over lower level comp aside from Coenen, I think maybe Nunes could be unless she gasses? She has a "dominant" style when she wins certainly.

Cyborg is Wand and Nunes is Rumble lol.
Nunes' losses are not so bad although I don't know a lot about Sara D'alelio or whatever her name is, but she does have losses even if you toss out her first fight. Also, if Cyborg had more opponents of Coenen's level, they would probably end up like Coenen, which is to say, not well. If you remember, she was beaten from pillar to post and brutalized horribly twice. I think both those fights could have been ended sooner but Coenen is tough, no doubt about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back