If Ronda isn't WMMA goat then who is?!

You can't be the GOAT if you drop a division to avoid someone that frightens you, then hide behind a promoter, a belt, and a 5 year old drug ban to avoid facing that same person.

You also can't be the GOAT if you get your shit knocked out then hide behind a purple pillow before taking a year off to cry on shows like Ellen.

That is not GOAT material. That is just plain embarrassing.

This is WMMA. It is plain embarrassing. Expect more fear and emotional break downs from women who are supposed to be the best. There not ment to be fighters.

giphy.gif

What skills has she shown improvements in?

Her KOs are evidence of her improved ability to strike. She had no KOs for the first three years of her career. And now it seems to be her primary method of finishing opponents.

That points to an evolution in fighting ability. You can't just brush it off as "she has a bit of punching power." Where was that power in her first eight fights? It probably existed but she clearly didn't know how to use it. And it's also worth noting that one of those knockouts was from a knee to the body.

She is overall a much better martial artist than Ronda.. She doesn't rely on judo hip toss + armbar + size

No way she is a one trick pony, all she nows is to throw strikes, Ronda is waaaaay more well rounded.

Megumi Fujii. Down from there would be Cyborg, then Rousey and last but soon to be above Rousey on the list Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

being undefeated (mostly) due to fighting weak competition for a whole career shouldn't get you anything.

So you basically just summed up Ronda as well with that sentence and WMMA as a whole.

A premature knockout IMO. Although McMann really can't take much punishment before quitting.

I didn't love the stoppage. I would've preferred to see a couple of coffin nails just to make sure.

So I'll agree on that. Nevertheless, she fucked McMann up with that knee.

Megumi Fujii. Down from there would be Cyborg, then Rousey and last but soon to be above Rousey on the list Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
Which Cyborg opponents besides Coenen have a good resume in their own right?

So you basically just summed up Ronda as well with that sentence and WMMA as a whole.

Every sport has to start somewhere. We don't shit on guys like Royce, Ken and Oleg because they fought in a less evolved era.

Or maybe I should say only assholes do.

Besides, WMMA has come a long way. Go back and watch someone like Kelly Kobold fight. (No disrespect to Kelly intended.)

Big difference, Cyborg's opponents besides Coenen in the past 6 years have records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7.

Ronda's in her championship run don't.

Every sport has to start somewhere. We don't shit on guys like Royce, Ken and Oleg because they fought in a less evolved era.

Or maybe I should say only assholes do.
And Ronda's opponents are MUCH more credible than Cyborg's with much better resumes, only assholes try to argue otherwise.

And Ronda's opponents are MUCH more credible than Cyborg's with much better resumes, only assholes try to argue otherwise.

I agree that Ronda has the better resume. Though I'm not sure that Ronda would actually beat Cyborg in a fight.

I agree that Ronda has the better resume. Though I'm not sure that Ronda would actually beat Cyborg in a fight.
Well, nobody can be sure somebody would win a fight. But I'm not "sure" Cyborg would beat any top 5 BW either.

I
Which Cyborg opponents besides Coenen have a good resume in their own right?
It's not her fault everybody dropped down to bantamweight so they didn't have to fight her. She has been the best at 145 since long before Rousey was around. Rousey turned pro in 2011 and Cyborg hasn't lost since 2005.

Big difference, Cyborg's opponents besides Coenen in the past 6 years have records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7.

Ronda's in her championship run don't.

Do not forget her multiple opponents with zero wins, and that 60% of her wins are smaller than her, with half of them coming over women who have fought two weight classes down.

Back