If Ronda isn't WMMA goat then who is?!

A new sport?

I'm not going to argue that women's MMA isn't less evolved than men's because it obviously is, but Ronda fought her FIRST fight in 2011.

If WMMA was new in 2011, then what was it when Gina started fighting in 2006? Or when Coenen started fighting in 2000?

It can't be new forever and it's also inaccurate to not give credence to the evolution that took place over the decade before Rousey started fighting. It was new in 2000, not 2011.
Ronda is still a one trick pony. She's good a Judo. And she has a bit of punching power. That is all.

taking into account all martial arts accomplishments and accolades GOAT combat sports female is Holly

Which "high level wrestler" do you think would have a hope in hell? McMann? Lol
McMann, Zingano who was an All-American, or if she wasn't retired Tate. Maybe Pena MMA wrestling wise.

Your girl literally has fought ONE high level fighter in Coenen who doesn't have great takedowns, quit being so mesmerized by aesthetic "destructive" striking against cans. You never know if she might be the Brandon Thatch of WMMA, probably not that bad but still.

If Leslie Smith is your best argument I'm not even going to acknowledge you anymore Mythborg nuthugger.

Mythborg hasn't even fought a high level wrestler EVER, striking fanboy.

You know he always does this to satisfy his bizarre obsession with Ronda.

Can't you guys at least say Coenen so you can be taken half seriously? Carano's resume is flimsy.

Carano was the original Rousey before Coenen, RR, or the others.

Cyborg, and notable win ? Marloes Coenen n Gina Carano arent notable wins. ?

Coenen, yes, but she has lost to five women who fight at 135 and one who fights at 125.

Carano had only seven fights, most of them hand-picked and from a lower weight class, including the 125 lbs. class.

You know he always does this to satisfy his bizarre obsession with Ronda.
Maybe but I like engaging in arguments where I can sling around the insult "striking fanboy" with legit rationale behind it lol.

Carano was the original Rousey before Coenen, RR, or the others.
Um... if you're not trolling, look at Coenen's record and Gina's record and look at when each started their careers.

If you're actually serious it just goes to show how ignorant MYTHborg huggers are.

McMann, Zingano who was an All-American, or if she wasn't retired Tate. Maybe Pena MMA wrestling wise.

Your girl literally has fought ONE high level fighter in Coenen who doesn't have great takedowns, quit being so mesmerized by aesthetic "destructive" striking against cans. You never know if she might be the Brandon Thatch of WMMA, probably not that bad but still.

Brandon Thatch got found out because men's MMA has evolved beyond his limited skill-set. Women's MMA is still in the early stages.
Cyborg is the equivalent of a reasonable male tennis player playing in a low level league of women. Too strong for any of them. Holly was too strong for Ronda. Cyborg would be too strong for Holly. She'd literally kill em all.

McMann can't take a punch. Zingano is sloppy and likes to brawl (bad idea against Cyborg). We all saw what happened to Tate when she faced off against a legitimately powerful striker. Pena might be able to wrestle fuck her for a bit, but she'd still end up looking up at the lights within a couple of rounds.

She is a striker with limited KO power due to her size

She is not going to get many first round knockouts vs high end fighters

She breaks records doe
  • Highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+121 vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz)
  • 2nd highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+117 vs. Valérie Létourneau)
  • 3th highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+113 vs. Cláudia Gadelha)
  • Most leg kicks in a fight in UFC history (70 vs Valerie Letourneau)
She dominates like Ronda did just in a different way

I'm not saying she isn't great. She is and I like watching her fight. But GOAT talk is premature.

Brandon Thatch got found out because men's MMA has evolved beyond his limited skill-set. Women's MMA is still in the early stages.
Cyborg is the equivalent of a reasonable male tennis player playing in a low level league of women. Too strong for any of them. Holly was too strong for Ronda. Cyborg would be too strong for Holly. She'd literally kill em all.
You're just guessing because she hasn't fought any of them... let's just hope she can woman up enough someday so we can find out.

You're just guessing because she hasn't fought any of them... let's just hope she can woman up enough someday so we can find out.
Hahaha, it's up to them to challenge her. But none of them want to. I wonder why??

But yeah, I hope at at least one from your little list grows some ovaries at some point.

Ronda is still a one trick pony. She's good a Judo. And she has a bit of punching power. That is all.

This is the problem when having discussions like this.

It doesn't matter what reality is--i.e. the things Ronda actually does--to some people she will always just be that girl who armbars people, her evolved skillset be damned.

This is the problem when having discussions like this.

It doesn't matter what reality is--i.e. the things Ronda actually does--to some people she will always just be that girl who armbars people, her evolved skillset be damned.
What skills has she shown improvements in?

Ronda for sure made wmma big. Her name will always be associated with it like Gracie's name is. As far as goat, wmma is still relatively young so it's hard to say. Carano is definitely the hottest though.

who the fook are those girls
To be fair, Coenen is a good win but it doesn't put Cyborg above Tate or anyone who has beaten Tate resume wise.

Coenen is probably McMann/Davis level-ish as a win (I know McMann beat Davis, they are still roughly similar level and Davis has a better resume overall), McMann might be slightly favored over prime Coenen if they fought though.

Back