If Ronda isn't WMMA goat then who is?!

Cyborg and JJ both deserve to be ranked above her.

Ronda was a one-trick pony in a new sport that had a lot of zero-trick ponies. Remember the early UFC days? Royce Gracie knew when to stop entering those events. You can't keep winning in MMA like that once it starts evolving.

Cyborg and JJ both deserve to be ranked above her.

Ronda was a one-trick pony in a new sport that had a lot of zero-trick ponies. Remember the early UFC days? Royce Gracie knew when to stop entering those events. You can't keep winning in MMA like that once it starts evolving.
How has Cyborg proven that she can keep winning against "evolved' modern fighters when her best win is WMMA pioneer Marloes Coenen 6 years ago and then 3 years ago in a rematch? You've destroyed your own argument.

The correct answer.
Yeah, I wouldn't insist that Ronda is WMMA GOAT, I'm just arguing it CERTAINLY isn't resumeless Eye(test)borg. She doesn't even have as good wins as Tate and Nunes, being undefeated (mostly) due to fighting weak competition for a whole career shouldn't get you anything.

How has Cyborg proven that she can keep winning against "evolved' modern fighters when her best win is WMMA pioneer Marloes Coenen 6 years ago and then 3 years ago in a rematch? You've destroyed your own argument.

Did you see how tough Leslie Smith was on Saturday? Then remind yourself how quickly and easily Cyborg absolutely demolished her.

Your argument is destroyed.

You may go.

I think it is Joanna for sure

Ronda had like a flukey run facing bums who fought like idiots.....also I refuse to believe Betche actually went completely out and faceplanted from that bullshit Ronda was throwing, Ive never called fixed on a fight in the UFC before but that one felt very strange

Against an unproven prospect. Shut up.

Leslie Smith who was 8-6 when Cyborg fought her, pffft.

Doesn't matter what her record is. She probably has the best chin in the division and got absolutely wrecked in just over a minute.

You may go (again).

Doesn't matter what her record is. She probably has the best chin in the division and got absolutely wrecked in just over a minute.

You may go (again).
If Leslie Smith is your best argument I'm not even going to acknowledge you anymore Mythborg nuthugger.

Mythborg hasn't even fought a high level wrestler EVER, striking fanboy.

A new sport?

I'm not going to argue that women's MMA isn't less evolved than men's because it obviously is, but Ronda fought her FIRST fight in 2011.

If WMMA was new in 2011, then what was it when Gina started fighting in 2006? Or when Coenen started fighting in 2000?

It can't be new forever and it's also inaccurate to not give credence to the evolution that took place over the decade before Rousey started fighting. It was new in 2000, not 2011.

Still to early to tell, all depends what happens in the next few fights. Also Joanna has the same problem Mighty Mouse has, ran out of competent opponents. Claudia being the second best, but she beat her twice already.

Too soon.

Let Joanna rack up like eight first round finishes in a row and then we can talk.

She is a striker with limited KO power due to her size

She is not going to get many first round knockouts vs high end fighters

She breaks records doe
  • Highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+121 vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz)
  • 2nd highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+117 vs. Valérie Létourneau)
  • 3th highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (+113 vs. Cláudia Gadelha)
  • Most leg kicks in a fight in UFC history (70 vs Valerie Letourneau)
She dominates like Ronda did just in a different way

If Leslie Smith is your best argument I'm not even going to acknowledge you anymore Mythborg nuthugger.

Mythborg hasn't even fought a high level wrestler EVER, striking fanboy.
Which "high level wrestler" do you think would have a hope in hell? McMann? Lol

Back