If Ronda had talked to Joe after the fight - I think she would have made a fan out of me

it's a picture derived from a slow mo video... I don't need to go to sleep, you need to wake the fuck up!!!
So you're saying the picture is meaningless because it was taken from a video recorded at a high frame rate? Im really not understanding...

Ill go back to bed

So you're saying the picture is meaningless because it was taken from a video recorded at a high frame rate? Im really not understanding...

Ill go back to bed
No, I'm saying that slow mo videos are used to show drama. to show all the ugly contours, waves, wrinkles, bends and splats a person's body makes when it's being hit. That's why the UFC releases "Slow Mo" video of every event shortly after the event has finished. Then people use that slow mo video to capture odd looking pictures of people's faces all contoured upon impact. Using one of those pics and saying "She looks like a meth head" isn't exactly accurate. Did I really need to explain all this to you, or have you not had your coffee yet?

There's small windows of opportunity even in defeat to win people over or to make people more sympathetic towards you. Ronda essentially handing over the BW division to Amanda with congratulations or show of respect would've went a long way, sucking it up and saying the cliche' statements of "I got beat by the better fighter" yadda, yadda.

There were a lot of important people watching people who can help you outside the cage and after your fight career your actions should've shown them you're a professional and can take a hard defeat with grace & dignity even if people were not on your side. Instead all she did was confirm she's a sour faced sore loser...

It was an early stoppage!

Robberyy
It looked like she was protesting the stoppage. But If Herb Dean didn't rescue her, she woulda been in the same shape as the Holly fight. Atleast this way, she shouldn't need a huge purple pillow to get home.

For real, dough... that was a good and merciful stoppage by Herb.

Her head was basically a speed bag.

I'm surprised Edmund wasn't calling for head movement.

He didn't need to. Amanda was making sure her head kept moving.

Joe doesnt interview ppl who get knocked the fuck out since overeem

Do u even follow mma?
She could have at least stayed a moment longer, Amanda was reaching to hug her but failed to reach her and only hugged Edmond. She left the octagon premature even if there was no interview, it's came off bitchy and butthurt to storm out like that.

There's small windows of opportunity even in defeat to win people over or to make people more sympathetic towards you. Ronda essentially handing over the BW division to Amanda with congratulations or show of respect would've went a long way, sucking it up and saying the cliche' statements of "I got beat by the better fighter" yadda, yadda.

There were a lot of important people watching people who can help you outside the cage and after your fight career your actions should've shown them you're a professional and can take a hard defeat with grace & dignity even if people were not on your side. Instead all she did was confirm she's a sour faced sore loser...

To be fair, do you know if Ronda said anything at all to Amanda during the short time they interacted after the fight? Maybe she did in fact say "Congrats" or whatever.

Or did you just wanted her to say it on the mic?

<33>

She could have at least stayed a moment longer, Amanda was reaching to hug her but failed to reach her and only hugged Edmond. She left the octagon premature even if there was no interview, it's came off bitchy and butthurt to storm out like that.
Yeah I noticed that. Just the absolute wrong way to go about defeat.

I noticed that too. I really wish that Amanda wouldn't have made such an attempt to hug her. She should have just ignored her little tantrum and let her be on her way.

If she has somebody handling her PR, they are terrible

Well.....we witnessed Ronda's total annihilation in the cage last night. This time it was short and brutal and oddly less satisfying probably because it was so short. But once again, Ronda was exposed as a one trick judoka pony (with a smattering of brawling ability) used to beating up on non strikers/low level competition.

And once again, after the stoppage, I felt a tinge of sorrow for her. Her dream of being the greatest is now completely destroyed and her Hollywood career demolished. Even appearing on shit mainstream television shows is probably now out of her reach. Ellen might offer her a slot though out of pity.

But as Herb was raising Amanda's hand, I felt myself hope that Ronda would bring herself to stay in the cage and talk to Joe and even embrace Amanda for a second or two. If she'd made a speech, even a short one - I'd probably now be a fan.

I honestly don't know who the fuck advises her about PR. I mean she has all these assistants around her, but maybe she just doesn't listen to them - or maybe they aren't paid to advise her about stuff like that.

Showing sportsmanship in both victory and defeat is the single most important part of what makes an athlete likeable.

It's just a shame that no-one ever told her.

Word.

Joe doesnt interview ppl who get knocked the fuck out since overeem

Do u even follow mma?
She could have taken it upon herself to show some humility and class, that is the point. Dom post fight is a good example.

Ronda should fire all the "yes men" in her team and bring back humble Strikeforce Ronda. Unfortunately, she's probably done with MMA at this point.

To be fair, do you know if Ronda said anything at all to Amanda during the short time they interacted after the fight? Maybe she did in fact say "Congrats" or whatever.

Or did you just wanted her to say it on the mic?

<33>

Optics man, do it on camera on the mic leave no doubt she essentially got her ass kicked and left that's all I saw after staying silent all the way up to the fight, it's over now talk!

Back