If Rockhold Debuts at Fox 7 in April

and both those dudes beat Rockhold. Boetsch had won 4 in a row and beat Okami and Lombard in back to back fights. Pretty sure that puts you in the top 5 -10 guys in the weight class. But I forgot, both of those dudes lost thier last fights, so they're both cans who were never good

youre putting far too much stock in that okami win...did you really walk away from that fight thinking boetsch just solidified himself as a legit MW title contender or that he got his ass beat for 2 rounds and made a shocking comeback? cmon now...as for the lombard win...atrocious performance by both guys...theres a solid arguement that lombard still should have gotten the nod...in any event, did you walk away feeling confident in boetsch's skills or that it was prob. the worst fight and performance you have ever seen and left you w/ no clue where either of these guys stand in the division? sure, on paper it looks good...2 Ws over 2 solid MWs but if you actually watched the fights your opinion drastically changes and then you realize why it wasnt hardly surprising that boetsch got beat up and finished by a non top 20 MW in phillipou is his next fight...boetsch and munoz may very well be able to beat rockhold but they are by no means leagues above him nor locks to beat him...

Lombard vs Rockhold would be cool and they could sell it as a Champ vs Champ fight

Because thats what I said, isn't it? That anybody that doesn't fight in the UFC is a overrated?
Well, do you have any cogent explanation as to why Rockhold is mid-level because most pundits believe he is incredibly talented.

I think Rockhold vs Le and Lombard vs Costa is the way to do it.

youre putting far too much stock in that okami win...did you really walk away from that fight thinking boetsch just solidified himself as a legit MW title contender

It wasnt like he got one lucky punch, he came back and demolished Okami. It made people recognize that if he can turn on that ferocity in a fight, he could beat anyone.

silva gets destroyed for 4.5 rounds and wins by triangle: holy crap! silva is the greatest fighter of all time!

boetsch gets dominated for 2 rounds and wins by brutal tko: pft! boetsch stinks.

youre putting far too much stock in that okami win...did you really walk away from that fight thinking boetsch just solidified himself as a legit MW title contender or that he got his ass beat for 2 rounds and made a shocking comeback? cmon now...as for the lombard win...atrocious performance by both guys...theres a solid arguement that lombard still should have gotten the nod...in any event, did you walk away feeling confident in boetsch's skills or that it was prob. the worst fight and performance you have ever seen and left you w/ no clue where either of these guys stand in the division? sure, on paper it looks good...2 Ws over 2 solid MWs but if you actually watched the fights your opinion drastically changes and then you realize why it wasnt hardly surprising that boetsch got beat up and finished by a non top 20 MW in phillipou is his next fight...boetsch and munoz may very well be able to beat rockhold but they are by no means leagues above him nor locks to beat him...

He won the fight, in the end thats all that matters. If it wasn't Lombard's first fight in the UFC, he'd have smashed Boetsch too. None of that matters, in the end all that matters is that he beat both of those guys, regardless of how it played out, he's the winner and that made him a top tier guy for a short time

its gotta be Lombard, Okami or Costa. Jacare could face any of these 3 as well.

Id like to see Belcher/Boetsch and Palhares/Munoz, winners get back in the mix.

but i like the idea of winners against winners and losers against losers

Well, do you have any cogent explanation as to why Rockhold is mid-level because most pundits believe he is incredibly talented.

Are these the same dudes that two posts ago you were bitching had Munoz and Boetsch ranked in the top 5? Or does their opinion only count when they're supporting your argument? He's a decent figther, he is in no way at a level where he should just step in to a title fight against the greatest UFC champion to ever live because he beat Jacare in a very questionable decision.

Are these the same dudes that two posts ago you were bitching had Munoz and Boetsch ranked in the top 5? Or does their opinion only count when they're supporting your argument? He's a decent figther, he is in no way at a level where he should just step in to a title fight against the greatest UFC champion to ever live because he beat Jacare in a very questionable decision.
Where did I say they shouldn't have been ranked? You said Rockhold was mid-level and I pointed out that 185 is a division where Boetsch and Munoz made it into the top 5.

...and how did I "bitch" about anything? I typed one sentence. Nice hyperbole.

Where did I say they shouldn't have been ranked? You said Rockhold was mid-level and I pointed out that 185 is a division where Boetsch and Munoz made it into the top 5.

...and how did I "bitch" about anything? I typed one sentence. Nice hyperbole.

Really? You didn't say they shouldn't have been ranked now? Please...

Fixed what?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I edited my post. You weren't trying to say that they shouldn't have been ranked? Because that's exactly what you said, and now you're trying to back out of it

well, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about with respect to okami and lombard then.

well especially coming from YOU, it means that

-Im an expert in MMA
-Okami WILL take Lombard down

thanks for clearing that up

I edited my post. You weren't trying to say that they shouldn't have been ranked? Because that's exactly what you said, and now you're trying to back out of it
Quote me where I said Boetsch and Munoz shouldn't have been ranked. There's only sixty posts in this thread. You should be able to find it quick.

Back