If Rockhold Debuts at Fox 7 in April

Bisping said "I sparred with Luke Rockhold and lets just put it this way; I'm the unofficial Strikeforce MW champ."

I wanna see Rockhold fight for the title first and then fight someone else after he losses.

ah thanks.

Not many options when you think about. He is SF #1, so will want at least a top 10 fighter.
Silva is not booked but they have plans with Silva that won't include Rockhold.
Weidman is out.
Bisping and Vitor will have just fought (with possible winner getting u know).
Munoz, Boetsch & Belcher are coming off losses.
Stann is booked w Wandy.
That leaves Shields, Costa, Okami, Lombard.
I didn't see the medical suspensions but Costa & Okami just fought, might be suspended, will want a full training camp.
Logic sees Shields or Lombard.
Something else tells me not to count on anything in MMA.

Okami - I can hear Rockhold on the phone with Dana right now, "Fuck"

Why are people trying to put this dude in the upper echelons of the divison? Because he's the Strikeforce champ? Please, he's a mid level 185er at best

Good ideas, but can you really risk Jacare getting smothered by Okami? And with Lombard being a potential contender as well, I don't like matching him up with Rockhold. Rockhold vs. Vitor could go hard though. Although Vitor vs. Weidman might be even better. Good stylistic matchup and big name for Weidman to get exposure for a title shot. To go with that, how about Lombard vs. Okami? It will probably end up in a KO for Lombard over a top guy.

Funny that you mention risking Jacare vs Okami but then mention Hector vs Okami?

I think Jacare has more chance than Hector to beat Okami ; Okami will think twice before taking Jacare to the ground and if he does, Jacare might be one of the ONLY guy at 185lbs to be able to threaten him a lot with his grappling even from his back. But if Okami fights Hector, he'll clinch and (probably) drag this fight to the ground mighty fast even if hector has good TDD and judo too.

To resume

IF Bisping beats Vitor :

Bisping vs Anderson
Jacare vs Okami
Boetsch vs Belcher
Rockhold vs Lombard (no1 contender)
Costa vs Le

Weidman can fight the winner of Jacare vs Okami or Costa vs Le when he's back, depending on who is ranked the higher by then.

IF Vitor beats Bisping

Rockhold vs Anderson
Vitor vs Lombard (no 1 contender)
Jacare vs Okami
Boetsch vs Belcher
Costa vs Le

Weidman can fight the winner of Jacare vs Okami or Costa vs Le when he's back, depending on who is ranked the higher by then.

Either way, Andy remains the MW king in spectacular fashion :icon_evil

Why are people trying to put this dude in the upper echelons of the divison? Because he's the Strikeforce champ? Please, he's a mid level 185er at best
Mid-level? This is the same division that had Tim Boetsch and Mark Munoz ranked in the top 5.

Mir v DeFries

images

That's just mean.

i want the loser of bisping/belfort to fight rockhold. bisping ran his mouth about their training and i'm sure rockhold would like to fight him

This sounds good to me. Plus it is logical time-wise right?

Funny that you mention risking Jacare vs Okami but then mention Hector vs Okami?

I think Jacare has more chance than Hector to beat Okami ; Okami will think twice before taking Jacare to the ground and if he does, Jacare might be one of the ONLY guy at 185lbs to be able to threaten him a lot with his grappling even from his back. But if Okami fights Hector, he'll clinch and (probably) drag this fight to the ground mighty fast even if hector has good TDD and judo too.

okami couldn't get silva down, but you think he's going to take down lombard?

Mid-level? This is the same division that had Tim Boetsch and Mark Munoz ranked in the top 5.

i remember waking up one day to discover this and I felt like I was being trolled. I even made a thread about it, and got spammed tons of hate.

Then when weedman beat the criminally overrated munoz, all of a sudden this guy with like 5 fights comes out of nowhere and claims to be the #1 contender. Everyone cries and moans, im just glad Silva saw through it.

and both those dudes beat Rockhold. Boetsch had won 4 in a row and beat Okami and Lombard in back to back fights. Pretty sure that puts you in the top 5 -10 guys in the weight class. But I forgot, both of those dudes lost thier last fights, so they're both cans who were never good

Last edited:
i remember waking up one day to discover this and I felt like I was being trolled. I even made a thread about it, and got spammed tons of hate.

Then when weedman beat the criminally overrated munoz, all of a sudden this guy with like 5 fights comes out of nowhere and claims to be the #1 contender. Everyone cries and moans, im just glad Silva saw through it.

Are you refering to the weedman thread you made with all the pot references?

and both those dudes beat Rockhold. Boetsch had won 4 in a row and beat Okami and Lombard in back to back fights. Pretty sure that puts you in the top 5 -10 guys in the weight class. But I forgot, both of those dudes lost thier last fights, so they're both cans who were never good
Jacare is better than both of those guys. Why do you think Luke is mid-level other than he fights in Strikeforce and anyone who doesn't fight in the UFC is overrated?

you have to be a women. Why else would you respond to a post by making the most illogical points you could possibly make or assuming Ravden thinks the absolute dumbest thing possible about boetsch.

Btw Rockhold dominates both Munoz and Boetsch.

if by "saw through that" you mean silva and his camp saw how dangerous weidman is and wanted no part of him, i agree with you.

you have to be a women. Why else would you respond to a post by making the most illogical points you could possibly make or assuming Ravden thinks the absolute dumbest thing possible about boetsch.

Btw Rockhold dominates both Munoz and Boetsch.

Oh no, you called me a woman! ZING!. Illogical, got it, thanks

Jacare is better than both of those guys. Why do you think Luke is mid-level other than he fights in Strikeforce and anyone who doesn't fight in the UFC is overrated?

Because thats what I said, isn't it? That anybody that doesn't fight in the UFC is a overrated?

Back