If Rhonda Rousey loses will that be already the death of WMMA in the UFC?

Silent Majority

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this. If Liz won Dana would shit a brick! I don't know if the UFC could sell a new division with a non-Rhonda champion.

I hope Liz wins because she is being put in there as a higher quality can. I almost believe she was given a subtle order to lose.

Exactly, I think she was thrown in to build up Rhonda on the big stage. It sorta reminds me of the career of Kimbo a little bit where they threw in people they thought he could beat.

What are your thoughts on this. If Liz won Dana would shit a brick! I don't know if the UFC could sell a new division with a non-Rhonda champion.

No, they still have Cyborg to fall back on

Hasn't Dana already said WMMA in the UFC is will live and die with Rousey?

Liz Carmouche is Chael Sonnen here.

All the higher ranked lightheavyweights and women wanted to build up their name for a big money fight against the champion.

Sonnen, and Carmouche, knowing they likely wouldn't be able to earn their way to a title shot, talked their way to the front of the line.

I think so, especially if Ronda ends up dropping out of the mix really fast somehow. There's no way that Liz Carmouche vs. Sarah Kaufman could headline anything. They need to suck up Invicta's talent ASAP.

Nope
Liz becomes champ, the UFC markets her based that she use to be a marine, the division begin to grow, people will continue to complain that a single WMMA fight on a card ruins the entire event for them

Exactly, I think she was thrown in to build up Rhonda on the big stage. It sorta reminds me of the career of Kimbo a little bit where they threw in people they thought he could beat.

Reminds me more of Laila Ali and how they tried to open boxing up to a wider audience by putting her in with people to beat; half her opponents didn't look like they knew how to throw a punch.

Do you guys train UFC?

My favorite fighter is Cain Valasquez.

Who is Rhonda Rousey by the way?

Hasn't Dana already said WMMA in the UFC is will live and die with Rousey?

yeah pretty much not sure if they will stick with it after investing though....contracts etc.I think if rousey loses they will keep it going but at the same time they haven't signed anyone else so maybe not.

Liz Carmouche is Chael Sonnen here.

All the higher ranked lightheavyweights and women wanted to build up their name for a big money fight against the champion.

Sonnen, and Carmouche, knowing they likely wouldn't be able to earn their way to a title shot, talked their way to the front of the line.

Carmouche didn't talk her way into a title shot. McMann is injured, Cyborg won't go to 135 and it's too soon for Tate. She stepped up and took the bout.

so much pressure on Ronda to win, but i am sure she will

I think that Dana and co will continue on with wmma as it will set up a rematch etc if she loses.. Ronda is marketable even if she gets defeated..

the marketing machine that is the UFC would spin it in a way that would still progress the division.
Im pretty sure that rhonda will not lose, not for awhile, if she/when she gets the game to the ground, she is above and beyond all the other competition.
the division needs to catch up to her.

If it's a good fight it won't matter.

More importantly, the 80% of those who dislike women's MMA simply because it's women won't care no matter what and will complain.

Finally, a short Rousey win is worse than her losing.

If she loses not only will WMMA be over in the UFC and in the entire world in general, but the Apocalypse will be upon us and God will descend from heaven and smite all of us instantly.

Kinda hard to kill something that was never really alive.

Back