If Reyes starches Jones, would Reyes be the new GOAT? Or would Jones still be the all-time UFC goat?

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works...

This is definitely not how it goes.

If Federer is defeat by Stan Wawrinka, does that make Wawrinka the GOAT? No, ofc not.

one of the stupidest questions I have ever seen on here and that is REALLY saying sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

That's not how GOAT status works, its your career that matters. Longevity and strength of schedule are what makes you a legend, one victory isn't enough. If that were the case Ali wouldn't be a GOAT, and Weidman would be considered a GOAT due to his wins over Silva. If Reyes wins and defends the title several times then he would be a good candidate, but one win? No.

Chris Weidman beat Anderson Silva twice and it didn't jump him that far ahead. I remember when Frankie Edgar beat BJ Penn for the lightweight title and BJ Penn was thought to be the goat lightweight it didn't jump Frankie Edgar too far in that list either. Its gonna take years at the top and some very good well thought of opponents to build that legacy.

he'd have to go on at least a 5 fight title defense dominating everyone. he's undefeated, but he's only 12-0, still fresh in the game.

Reyes by TKO! Mark my words. I got money down!

If Reyes starches Jones, would Reyes be the new GOAT?
Or would Jones still be the all-time UFC goat?

giphy.gif

Reyes is alreaddy the Goat

He won against Chris which beat Anderson

So Reyes>Anderson = Goat

Back