If Reyes starches Jones, would Reyes be the new GOAT? Or would Jones still be the all-time UFC goat?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Jones is very hittable, but has always been good about avoiding too much damage.
If Reyes catches Jones and knocks him out, does that have any impact on the legacy of Jon Jones?
Reyes has done well, but we don't know yet if he can clean out the division like Jones.

Would Jones losing just be more of a case of anything can happen in MMA?
Reminds me of how godlike Holly Holm appeared in the fight with Ronda only to have her white belt status exposed in the Miesha Tate fight.

These days it seems that strikers with good take down defense and KO power are at an advantage. I feel like a champ without KO Power in their hands will eventually get KO'd.

Reyes seems scarier than Thiago Santos.
Anyway, we will see how it goes tonight.

But somehow I am feeling Holly Holm-Ronda Rousey vibes for tonight's fight. Something is in the air.

Jones is very hittable, but has always been good about avoiding too much damage.
If Reyes catches Jones and knocks him out, does that have any impact on the legacy of Jon Jones?
Reyes has done well, but we don't know yet if he can clean out the division like Jones.

Reminds me of how godlike Holly Holm appeared in the fight with Ronda only to have her white belt status exposed in the Miesha Tate fight.

These days it seems that strikers with good take down defense and KO power are at an advantage. I feel like a champ without KO Power in their hands will eventually get KO'd.

But somehow I am feeling Holly Holm-Ronda Rousey vibes for tonight's fight. Something is in the air.
No lol.

does anyone talk about holly holm, Matt Serra or Chris Weidman? If he did a ton after the win and had a lot of success we might look at it differently but that one win doesn’t make you a goat.

<{ohyeah}>
Good god there is a lot of stupidity going around these forums in the last 48 hours. Ok, it's been going on a lot longer than that, but still. It's been unreal around here lately outside of Conor fights.

Neither.

Jones falls in the GOAT ladder but Reyes doesn't even enter it before he defends at least once.

Jones was never the GOAT.

Georges St-Pierre: PED users should be removed from GOAT list

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/9/30/...rs-jon-jones-should-be-removed-from-goat-list

Sorry

ufc-200-jones-out-mixed-martial-arts-2-390x285.jpg

Yes because when Serra beat GSP he became GOAT and still remains so.

Even after having his organs crushed in the rematch. He’s the GOAT.

Good thread TS you are a good fan.

I knoe Joe Rogan loves to throw the GOAT moniker to anyone that beats a concensous goat, but doesnt work like that, Conor wasnt when he beat Aldo, Max clearly isnt now, and its the same for Reyes, would he if he manages to beat Jones and make an undefeated win streak after? Yeah, chances of him being regarded as the LHW GOAT and even then, the quality and amount of wins is what makes it, not a single fight.

I knoe Joe Rogan loves to throw the GOAT moniker to anyone that beats a concensous goat, but doesnt work like that, Conor wasnt when he beat Aldo, Max clearly isnt now, and its the same for Reyes, would he if he manages to beat Jones and make an undefeated win streak after? Yeah, chances of him being regarded as the LHW GOAT and even then, the quality and amount of wins is what makes it, not a single fight.

Joe Rogan likes to thrown the GOAT moniker to anyone who happens to be headlining a main event on the night he's talking, actually.

Ohhh a mark on his stomach, so much evidence. Tell me when he shows up negative like 3x like Jones did.
Tell me when he actually signs up for random and unannounced drug testing lol

GSP has always known in advance when he was gonna be tested, he had no legit OFF COMPETITION testing

Yes, TS, Reyes would immediately surge ahead of GSP, Fedor, Silva and all others in the GOAT conversation.

Also TS, I have some Real Estate for sale that you might be interested in...

Last edited:
Reyes wins and he absorbs all of Jone MMAnna, including all wins especially over Cormier, Pride HOF fighters, Machida, ViTRTor, and instantly inserts himself in GOAT discussion.

A) Jones won’t lose
B) he’s been the champ for nearly 10 years he’s taken on and beaten every challenger he’s never ducked anyone. Similar to GSP he’s left no stone unturned cleared out his division

khabib still has a lot of people to fight but I think to solidify his claim he should go up and beat Stipe

Tell me when he actually signs up for random and unannounced drug testing lol

GSP has always known in advance when he was gonna be tested, he had no legit OFF COMPETITION testing

Uhhh sure buddy. whatever helps you sleep at night lol.

Again... tell me when he came up negative:)

Back