If RDA beats McGregor, can he keep the LW belt and fight for the WW belt?

conorbless1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Apparently if McGregor wins over RDA, Lawler is next. So it's only logical that if RDA beats McGregor he can fight for the WW belt while retaining his title, right?

there is often nothing logical about how match making is done. you should know that by now

It would be a joke If Conor gets a title shot at WW after a win against RDA

I don't think RDA becomes a big PPV draw even if he were to retain the LW belt and capture the WW belt, so I don't see why they'd give him that opportunity.

If Ronda defeats Holly in the rematch can she fight Cruz?

No because popularity, numbers and all that. Though in a fair world if he wanted it of course he should be able to.

Conor sells, RDA doesn't. For that reason alone, Conor gets bigger opportunities.

I would honestly give RDA and Conor a decent shot at beating Lawler. More so Conor...

But Wonderboy would freaking wreck both of them.

No. Because life is unfair. Like it or not Conor is a spectacle that the UFC just can't say no too, at least not now. If he starts losing then the balloon deflates and everything comes back down to earth. I'm sure there will be hurt feelings, in fact there already are. I think most are pretty clear about why he's getting what he wants, though they may not be cool with it. The question is how big of a problem that is.

The UFC (allegedly) wouldn't let Aldo fight for the LW title while holding the FW title. He certainly earned that shot via dominating his division. He doesn't sell or do the media obligations well, tho. Their champions are usually headliners and they want their attractions headling. They waited forever to give Fitch and many others a title shot for the same reason.

Wonder would tool conor on the feet based on size alone. Lawler doesn't have much time regardless. He better pray for woodley so he can get one last defense in before conor or thomson get there

If conor wins 2 belts you ofcourse he will get a shot at the third one if he wants.

The difference between Conor and RDA is that Conor would be a two division champ. While RDA's best win would be against a 145er. Or a Bellator fighter. You choose.

if its RDA then no red panties for Mrs. Lawler hence no title shot for RDA

Apparently if McGregor wins over RDA, Lawler is next. So it's only logical that if RDA beats McGregor he can fight for the WW belt while retaining his title, right?
nope
to get that special treatment

you need to be:
a WWE superstar
a big hit with the casuals(speak english and be white)
be a internet\popular phenomenon

one of the options above or all of then and you get the special K ZUFFA treatment
RDA doesn't have it.

No. I think all logical interest would have died if he couldn't beat the LW champ.

Does he average 1m ppv buys?

Theres your answer.

If mcGregor wins I hope he just reliquishes the fw belt and start working on the defenses at LW. He could be the Lw and under goat.

Back