If Rashad beats Nog and Machida beats Henderson does Rashad deserve a rematch?

I would like to see a new fight at LHW...

If Hendo beats Machida he deserves (although no one truely "deserves") a title fight. It would be a good validation of Hendo's legacy if he gets the UFC belt, however I don't think he wins. He has a punchers chance, but I believe that JBJ is currently well within his prime and has possibly a 2-3 year stretch of being at the top.

It would be good to see JBJ vs Gus, but I would liek to see Gus beat a good wrestler before he gets a chance at JBJ. He is a good fighter, but I wouldn't like his boat to flame so early. If he loses a title fight where does he go?

Gus vs Rashad would be a good fight. The winner could get the shot after the Machida Hendo winner, and the losers could fight each other. However there is the inevitable backlog, esp as we're waiting for TUF 17.

Rashad Machida II would probably be a better fight than I, but I'm not sure if Rashad matches up well with Lyoto's style. I still think rashad is a perrenial 2-3ranked LHW since his Chuck win.
I respect your opinion. But do you honestly see Bones sticking around at 205lbs for three more years? I see him trying his luck at HW eventually.

There are enough interesting match ups available for Rashad that I don't care for rematches just yet.

only if you wanna see

returnoftheshadface_zps8e0cdb1a.jpg

Rashad will win his fight easily, however Machida will get destroyed by Hendo so Hendo vs Jones will happen leaving Rashad vs Machida or Machida vs Gus maybe??

Rashad got dominated, and if beats Lil Nog, that will be a win over a guy outside the top 10. I don't see how beating Lil Nog earns him another shot after getting blown out the 1st time.

On another note, does anybody have a clue why Rashad seems to fight so infrequently? He lost to Jones early last year. If he had racked up another win in the fall, he would certainly be closer to another shot.
Because Rashad feels like he is entitled to be champion again since he was done wrong by Greg Jackson and Jon jones so he either expects for the belt to just fall in his lap or get the fights he feels he "deserves" even though I think top tier fighters have no excuse for not fighting three times or four times a year. Unless its because of injury or because Dana is screwing them around. Rashad got an easy fight with Nog. I'm sure he will win. But it doesn't mean much. It's just a win against a tough guy who is NOT a contender for the belt. No disrespect to Nog because he is a tough guy.. But he isn't going to be champion at LHW. Rashad is a good fighter. I'm not trying to talk down on him. Just kinda feel like he needs to make some adjustments. But I still see him losing to both Jones and Machida.

I just went to Wikipedia and counted how many times Rashad fought from 2008-2012. In the last 5 years, he's fought 8 times. It just occurred to me that he doesn't seem to fight very often, and I guess that confirms it. I'm not a big Rashad fan, but I would love to see the guy fight more. Do any of his fans know why this might be? I'm guessing injuries, but I haven't heard about him being injured often.
probably because he doesn't like putting his record on the line. Rashad is most defy scared of losing. Not saying that is a bad thing but he really doesn't fight that often.. I know he had some procedures done on his hand or some shit but it seems like he could step it up some more for sure and be more active. Lots of guys fight four times a year and its just normal for them. I always prefer fighters who like to fight as often as they can without over doing it.

I've wanted to see the rematch for a while. Big fan of both guys. I think Rashad does better this time, but Machida's ultimately just a terrible matchup for Rashad to deal with.

Machida is just a better fighter than Rashad and would win again.

Machida was a bit of a riddle when he faced Rashad, since then Machida has been figured out and suffered several losses.

Shad has only lost to Jones since their encounter.

If Shad and Machida face each other again. Shad more than likely wins

Last edited:
Back